percussionist looking for a band in the huddersfield area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by drummergurl, Sep 6, 2007.

1. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

right, as the title suggests really. im moving to huddersfield for uni, so will be located in huddersfield during term time..

ideally, id prefer champs or first section, but am willing to consider other sections too. ill make it clear here, i am NOT a drum kit player, although i can bash a few simple things out on it. i prefer to play timpani, but can also play tuned instruments, and all the random bits and bobs.

i will need lifts to rehearsals as i can't take a car with me (parents wont let me)

ok, a little bit about me if you like.. im 18, going to huddersfield uni to study music, currently play with Freckleton (NW Champs section), and in the last 12 months have been a member of the National Youth Wind Orchestra of Great Britain, and also of the European Youth Brass Band.

i have also been a member of the National Childrens Brass Band of Great Britain in its inaugural year, St Helens Youth Brass Band (where i occupied the Principal Percussionist spot for several years), The Haydock Band (where i had the achievement of playing in RAH at the Championship section finals).

now ive bigged myself up abit, please let me know if you have a vacancy!

2. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

We're looking for perc players at Kippax.
    Have a look at www.kippaxband.co.uk
    or ring our Sec Keith Fairburn on 0113 286 3699 if you fancy a blow (Bang !)
    Any other perkers reading this feel free to contact us (Rep players too !)
    - Wilkie

3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Wow, nine minutes flat!! I love this site! :clap:

4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Good luck in your search Sarah - a fab asset to any band.

5. drummergurl

wow! i wasn't expecting such a quick reply! cheers wilky!

i move into halls on the 16th, so from then i will get in touch with bands, and i think the fairest way to decide between all replies i get is to do a rehearsal at each, and then make a decision :)

6. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Sent you a pm

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

me too! :rolleyes:

8. TP Euph

TP Euph Member

Yeah ok, me too, if this is how it's being done!!

9. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

Hey sarah, you should check out Wakefield Met, they're a great bunch just looking for percussion to fill in their line-up. They are all really tall though.
    x

10. bumperman

bumperman Member

As Helen said, we are looking for another percussionist. We are playing in the National Finals in Harrogate in a couple of weeks time but after that we are doing Pontins, we are also promoted to the 1st section as of January and will be going on tour to Germany in August.

If you want anymore details just pm me!!

Cheers

Rhys

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    huddersfield
    St Helens Youth Brass Band
    National Childrens Brass Band of Great Britain
    European Youth Brass Band
    huddersfield uni
  12. drummergurl

right, hello, rather than trawl through all my PMs and and send a message to all millions of you, i hope you'll all read this instead!

ive had a very very hectic few weeks, been alot busier than i thought i would be, and i haven't forgotten about you all, and i will be gettin in touch soon!!!

13. drummergurl

ok, just a quick update to those i haven't been in touch with yet... i have to apologise some more... i will not be able to attend any rehearsals in the next 2 weeks, due to an injury to my left bicep. however after then (or probably nearing the end of the 2 weeks) expect me to be in touch!!!

i promise i will get round to everyone!!!

14. hiya

Huddersfield brass' percs only come part time and so I'm sure you'd be welcome to come down, can never have enough percys :D (thats like perkys, not percy the name lol)

I might have missed this info but are you a kittist, tunedist, or a bothist ;)

hope your arm recovers asap!

btw, we are playing a piece for next years area which definately requires 3 percs apparently, so there should be plenty to do if you fancy coming down some time

if you want more info feel free to contact me on here!

15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It's right there in the first post! :rolleyes:

16. Em-Ley, Em-Ley, Em-Ley... Come on down...!

17. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

Hi Drummer girl, Horbury Victoria band (yorkshire 2nd section) are on the look out for a percussionist (tuned) espeacially with the area's up and coming. I know that you will have had lots of offers but if you are interested PM for further details. we are not too far away from huddersfield either.