percussionist available

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by rumtetumtetum, Nov 16, 2005.

1. rumtetumtetum

rumtetumtetum New Member

Hi, I am looking for a band in south/west yorkshire, preferably championship or first section (although I am open to offers!). Have played for a number of championship bands in the area over the last few years and play all percussion instruments (grade 8 in both tuned and drum kit, 16 years playing experience). Please find me a new home!
    PM me if you have a vacancy

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    PM
    drum kit
    years playing experience
    west yorkshire
    number of championship bands
  3. multiman

multiman Member

Hi
    We're looking for a tuned percussionist, there would also be the opportunity to do some teaching of a number of potential percussionists. If you want more info ring me a ring on 07879 400 538.

4. Robbyboy

Robbyboy Member

Hi we are looking for a percussion player, we are Hatfield Band from near Doncaster and are promoted into the Championship section from next year. We have won the 1st Section Yorkshire Areas for the past 2 years and have also been accepted into the Spring Festival for next year. We are also producing a CD in the next year and are an up and coming band going form strength to strength. If you are interestes you could either leave a PM on here or you could contact this number 07870635875 and ask for Margret. Hope to here from you. Robbyboy

5. Robbyboy

Robbyboy Member

Hi we are interested in a percussionist. We are Hatfield Band from near Doncaster and have been promoted into the Championship section for next year. We have just won the 1st section Yorkshire Area twice in a row and are an up and coming band going from strength to strength. We have also been accepted into the Spring Festival for next year and will be making a CD in the new year. If you are interested you could leave me a PM on here or contact this number 07870635875 and ask for Margret. Hope to hear from you soon. Robbyboy

6. Robbyboy

Robbyboy Member

Sorry about that coming up twice thought the internet had disconnected the first time I replied!

7. rumtetumtetum

rumtetumtetum New Member

zoikes! thanks for all the replies! I dont think I made it very clear in my first post that I want to join an established section rather than being on my tod at every rehearsal, which means a couple of the bands who have replied are a current no go for me, but thanks to you all and I hope you all manage to fill your vacancies soon!

8. Hot Lips

Hot Lips Member

Hi

Personally, I think you are going to find that difficult in the current situation with percussionists in the area.

We have a rank of first class percussionists who join us for contests and contests, but we would like to build up a full-time section and this is proving more difficult. We are a excellent band with a good spirit and good direction who welcomes talented new faces. We have recently bought £10k worth of new percussion equipment and we would love to hear from you.

9. rumtetumtetum

rumtetumtetum New Member

Fortunately I have heard from a dozen bands who do have established sections of 2 or more players, so it looks like I will find a new home soon. Perhaps you just arent looking after your players well enough if you cant get a committed section?
    Thanks to everyone who sent a message, I will get around to emailing/ringing everyone about attending a rehearsal for a try out soon (in between doing some work!)
    look forward to meeting y'all soon!

10. Hot Lips

Hot Lips Member

Perhaps you just arent looking after your players well enough if you cant get a committed section?

Well good luck for the future, I do have to say that I resent that remark. We look after our players very well and have a very friendly happy atmosphere. The problem with percussionists is the fact that the ones that dont want paying a fortune for their services are happy in the bands they are in. The ones that are available in my experience want professional rates to compete with other work they may get and as a band we just simply cannot afford to pay that rate for every rehersal.

I would thank you not to comment on a band that is working so hard against the odds to be a success.

11. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Hi there, PM'ed you, although its the first attempt at it, so thought i'd better send you a note on here, as knowing my technical ability on here is rather lacking!

Hope to here from you.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    PM
    drum kit
    years playing experience
    west yorkshire
    number of championship bands
  13. rumtetumtetum

rumtetumtetum New Member

oops sorry, my comment was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek after all the threads by percs griping about gear moving etc. I am sure you are a wonderful bunch of people, and will sort out a section in no time...we dont all want paying, its just that being the only full time player is not for me right now. best wishes for your band in the future.

14. Just what are you trying to say jo .Stop beating about the bush and get to the point.Also before you go slagging us off just remember some people bent over backwards for you.Just hope you join a band what aren't playing masquerade and pay for your hotel.

15. jo

jo Member

erm...I am Jo, and I wouldnt "slag off" any band. As I told Ray I hope you do well with all your contests, it just was no longer the right band for me for a number of reasons, which I also wouldnt go into on a public forum. As for anybody elses opinion of your band, well they are entitled to it, be it right or wrong in your eyes.
    good luck for the new contest season.
    Jo

16. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member