Percussion Question

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TIMBONE, Feb 22, 2005.


    TIMBONE Active Member

    I am just completing a piece with an amusing bass sequence. I want to add some sound effects. 1. An ordinary whistle, you know, a straight referee type, and 2. the whistle which you blow and it does that weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sound. So, what do I call them on the percussion part.
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

    Find more discussions like this one
    bass sequence
    referee type
    Percussion Question
  3. HBB

    HBB Active Member

    School teacher whistle.

    Weeeeee whistle?
  4. brasscrest

    brasscrest Active Member

    The weeeeee whistle is probably a slide whistle.
  5. Roger Thorne

    Roger Thorne Active Member

    Pea Whistle! - Then use a footnote in the score/part to explain exactly what you require.

  6. fartycat

    fartycat Member

    Do you mean a siren or it could be a swanee whistle? The latter can do a long gliss either way whilst a siren goes up and down quickly.
  7. Richard Dyson

    Richard Dyson Member


    I think you mean a policeman's whistle for the first one and a siren for the second one.

    TIMBONE Active Member

    Thanks everyone. :)

Share This Page