Percussion Plus Tubular Chimes (Bells) - PP009/ 010/ 011

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Tub Thumper, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Tub Thumper

Tub Thumper Member

I am doing a bit of research into potentially acquiring a set of tubular bells for a band. Obviously, I'd like to get a pro set but with even the 'Percussion Plus' Pro ones (a bit like the old Premier Viscount model) starting at about £2000 (and the Adams ones weighing in about £3000), that's probably going to be too expensive given how much/ little they would be used (the odd tubular bell note here and there concert repertoire which we usually just put in on the glock for now).

I came across these Perc Plus Education Chimes/ Bells in a Primary School I work in recently and they certainly looked and sounded ok (very thin bells though!) although not particularly loud.

http://www.percussionplus.co.uk/pro...chimes/educational-chimes-diatonic-pp009.aspx

Cost of a set is about £500 (I have no idea how the primary school came to have them....) which seems extremely reasonable. Has anyone any experience of using them 'in anger' with a band/ orchestra? Obviously they aren't going to in the same league as a pro set but are they adequate for that occasional bell cue that comes up.

Any opinions welcome! Thanks!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Perc Plus Education Chimes
    Percussion Plus
    Viscount
    Premier
    set of tubular bells
  3. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

we have a set and they are very light but fine, obviously not as good as a "proper" set but certainly do the job and are easy to transport :)