Percussion Instruments for CD

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MRSH, Nov 7, 2008.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Hi People

I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd try the wide audience of tMP as you never know.

My band are doing a CD recording next weekend (15th/16th) in Brighton (looking forward to seeing you KMJ :tup ) and would like to beg/borrow/steal a decent tam-tam and a xylophone or marimba for the duration.

Is there anyone here that may be able to help, please. They can be collected provided their location is somewhere in the region of the South East of England ;):D.

Please PM me here if you can help at all.

Thanks very much.

Matthew

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    shot
    CD
    audience
    anyone
    tam-tam
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Blimey, first Anno Draconis with a recorder and now you with a marimba :eek:...

Come on folks, help Matthew out....

See you next week ;)

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Hi You could glady borrow Emley Tam-Tam and Xylo - If you ask the boys at KMJ really Really nicely they might be able to pick them up from me . . . Keith? Rob?

5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

This kind of thread is an example of tMP at its best, in my view.

6. KMJ Recordings

Rob's out recording on his own tonight Garry (should I allow moonlighting? ;) ) - he's coming down to me next Thursday night for a Friday departure - I'll give him a shout to see if his mode of transport can fit them in if that fits with you.

Fantastic offer - thanks :D

7. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Yeah, he's got my number etc, It'll depend on how much of his own gear he's got and how big his car is, they'll both fit in a pretty small car.

And just like that tMP wins again!

8. KMJ Recordings

Usually a small flightcase, a trolley, laptop bag and - most important of all - the butty box ;)

I'll get him to give you a ring - cheers :D

K

9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

:D OMG!! Garry - what a superb response. Thanks ever so much. That would be brilliant if Keith or Rob could manage that.

Excellent - absolutely excellent.

Cheers

Matthew

10. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

No Problem at all - i'm going up to the Sage to enjoy the BiC so Emley's stuff won't be doing anything else. I'm sure Rob will sort something out, he and Keith are both top blokes so i'm sure they wont' see you stuck. And you'll enjoy the weekend, they make a great team and turn out great final products.

11. KMJ Recordings

Quick note of thanks to Garry and Emley :clap: ....Rob should have your stuff back to you later today I believe.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    shot
    CD
    audience
    anyone
    tam-tam
  13. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Yes indeed. A huge thanks to Garry and Emley from me too. And also to Rob for collecting and returning the gear. Much appreciated.

The power of tMP eh!!!!!