Perc needed - Woodfalls - can be a guest player

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by fartycat, Oct 4, 2005.

1. fartycat

fartycat Member

South West Trains Woodfalls Band
    West of England (near Salisbury)
    Championship

We need a percussionist, initially for the Scottish Open in Glasgow on Sunday 27th Nov. The band will be travelling up on the Saturday so you would need to be free on that day as well.

It's an own choice contest so we can't publicise the piece we are playing but it has a very very good perc part. The rest of the section are easy about which parts we play so you either need to be cool on timps, or able to handle tuned perc (not that hard) and snare.

If you are signed on with a band but could help, we can legally borrow you for the contest if required. Similarly, if you're looking for a new opportunity with a band then please get in touch.

The band itself rehearses on Mondays and Thursdays on the edge of the New Forest near Salisbury and the M27. Percussion wise we have a pretty decent collection of instruments ranging from usual to the very obscure. Conductor wise our MD is David Barringer and he will be taking this contest. But we also book in a few top names every now and again for contests. Contests coming up include Yeovil Entertainment, the West of England Area and the Masters.

If you would like to know more, ring me (Paul) on 01202 430569 or email fartycat2004-rednblack@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks!

2. fartycat

fartycat Member

Thanks to everyone who has written in suggesting people and offers of help. We now have filled the position.

However, we do always need extra perc players for various concerts and contests so if you are in the South and would like to play, please get in touch.

Our next concert is 11th Nov with Bill Pertwee of Dad's Army fame! I think we're doing Lawrence of Arabia at this which needs 6 players (!!) so if anyone would like to help out, please email me.

Cheers

Paul