People in your Road/Street who Play

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Jan 29, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

How many people do you know who live in your Road/Street play in a Brass Band.
    In total we have 3:+ myself of course = 4
    Our Next door neighbour and his daughter(4th section band) and a chap who lives a bit further down the road(1st section band). All in the MIdlands Area:biggrin:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Street
    Road
    section band
    Brass Band
    Street play
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I can only think of 3 in the Borough, never mind the street........

4. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

there's 4 people down my street who all play in brass bands.. surprisingly we all live in the same house.. :rolleyes: :tongue:

5. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

I'm pretty much it. I don't know exactly where everybody else from our band lives yet (still kinda new to the band, myself), and as a single band of about 20, we're pretty small against the entire city populace. So the chances of any of them living on my street is pretty much nil.

6. persins

persins Member

I think that there is someone else down my street just starting to learn.
    I recognise some of the tunes flying out into the neighbourhood!!
    I haven't managed to track them down yet to find out who they are but I will!!

7. flower girl

flower girl Member

i think i'm the only one, i can only think of 3 in my town

8. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Don't think there are any other brass/percussin players in our street. If there are they don't practice! As I live near a secondary school I often see kids walking with instruments, most tend to be woodwind/strings.

In my relatively small town itself, I only know of one cornet player and one percussion player, both play with different Championship Section Bands. 25 years ago there were lots of players as we had a local brass band, which is now unfortunately no longer. Perhaps you're more likely to live amongst other brass players if the town itself has a local brass band.