Pensioner on the scrounge for a Piccolo Trumpet

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by GordonJames, Apr 18, 2011.

1. GordonJames

GordonJames New Member

Piccolo Trumpet

Hi All............looking for a Piccolo Trumpet................very price concious ! Im a pensioner!:)
  2. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Hi we have one available in our Factory in Germany.

Retail price is £499.00

We can offer you a special price for only £425.00 Free delivery.

3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

John Packers have a couple on their web site. One ex demo for £283 or so.
  4. John_D

John_D Member

The Virtuosi ones seem to get good reviews. Not played one of their piccolo trumpets, but if it's as good as their Bb cornets, trumpets and trombones, it will be excellent value.
  5. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

The Virtuosi is indeed an excellent buy and the Packer Rotary is a beauty...
  6. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

I have a Virtuosi and can confirm it's very good - intonation was much better than I expected at the price.
  7. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I've been looking for a while now and the Virtuosi does seem to have some good reviews....I think I'll look into this one!
  8. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

I have a virtuosi one and I found that the valves were not anywhere near as slick as you would expect, or as I needed them to be!! I ended up borrowing a yamaha from a friend. It's one of those cases of you get what you pay for!!! I did get one of the earlier batch though and it might have improved by now?
  9. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

The valves on mine weren't brilliant but with plenty of cleaning they settled in nicely.
  10. Tam O Shanter

Tam O Shanter Member

I have a virtuosi picc too. The valves were a bit stiff and seized up easily. I gave them a polish with some brasso and then cleaned off and oiled and they've been fine ever since.
  11. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

I'll give that a go, cheers guys!!
  12. Tam O Shanter

Tam O Shanter Member

I cleaned and polished the inside of the valve casings too with brasso. Pulled a duster up and down inside them with brasso on it. After doing this I cleaned it all off and oiled just like the valves.
  13. sooooper sop

sooooper sop Member

Hi I have a picc for sale, I'm looking for around £250
  14. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Any more info? Make, model, age, etc? :)