Pegs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bagpuss, May 19, 2005.

1. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Sudden thought occurred to me the other day. No one seems to peg anyone anymore!! We used to do it all the time. Trick was to peg as many people without them knowing, only happened before contests or concerts though. Group of us pegged our MD at a previous band once and he went on to conduct the concert with 26 pegs hanging off his jacket in various places!!!!

This is a fun game that can be played individually or in packs and I feel it should be more widespread!

Puss

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pegs
    yesterday
    words
  3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

One of the baritones was doing that a while ago, i mean the person that plays bairtone not the baritone...

4. groovy

groovy Active Member

We are all peggers at band, good if you do it early on a carolling job and they look silly for hours! Actually I haven't pegged anyone for a while now, better get back into it before it becomes an endangered sport.

5. six pints

six pints Active Member

i havent pegged since skegness... i got a red coat woohoo!!

6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

What a good idea for tomorrow.... Given that I'm not marching I'll have plenty of opportunity . Now where did I leave all my pegs:rolleyes: ?

BMB
    xx

7. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Was it Clive Fox who got pegged at the areas a few years back? Stood there conducting with his back to the audience and a row of about 8 pegs dangling off the back of his jacket :p

8. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Never heard of that before! Am I living in the dark ages? :-?

9. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Couldn't possibly comment!!! I certainly wasn't one of those juvenile enough to take part in such an activity and it wasn't him that had 26 hanging off his jacket before a concert at all.

Puss

10. groovy

groovy Active Member

yes. But I'm sure you've got the idea from these posts - basically you attach a peg onto someone's person (end of band jacket is ideal) and then snicker to yourself while they look silly.

11. HBB

HBB Active Member

Haha! Class! :tup

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pegs
    yesterday
    words
  13. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Make sure you us the clippy type ones. It doesn't work quite as well with the push-on wooden ones!! ;)

[​IMG]

14. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Yeah, I did kinda get the idea there :tongue: something that had never crossed my mind... until now... :biggrin:

15. JDH

JDH Member

I have never heard of that kind of prank before :eek:

Sorry to sound a killjoy, but I would not think it very good for brass bands reputations! :frown:

Jonathan "who would like brass bands to be better recognised by the general public"

16. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Ah, you see this is where you and I differ. I always find the wooden ones better, they are generally quieter in use than the plastic ones and less bulky ( I am of course referring to the ones that are sprung in the middle and not the old wooden push on ones - I completely agree that they are useless for the task)

It is also quite embarassing when using plastic 'clippy' pegs if your peg in some way harmonises or blends with the clothing of the person you're pegging. It then turns out to be the 'pegger' that looks stupid rather than the 'pegee'. I find that generally speaking, the wooden 'clippy' pegs are always noticeable unless of course you are trying to peg some sort of beige uniform or piece of clothing.

Remember, when pegging someone, you are looking for visual effect and NOT camouflage!!!!

Puss

17. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

I think a person would be recognisable very quickly if they had pegs stuck all over them!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Puss

18. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

ooooOOOOOoooo!!!!!!!!!!

True, I suppose there is a time & a place. Don't think I could actually let someone go on stage with the pegs still attached. Leave it till the last minute though before telling them!! ;)

19. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

This type of behaviour would result in you losing all points gained from the number of pegs placed and the position of them (the more visible, the more points). If you wussed out at the last minute, it would once more bring the finger of ridicule on the 'pegger' and not the 'pegee'.

Puss

20. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

there was a phase last year when three or four of us pegged more than we had ever pegged in our lives! i think it was all the christmas gigs, a way to keep those carols exciting...

but usually when i actually have pegs i'm more worried about keeping the music on the stand!
    xx

21. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

This activity is clearly for outdoor summer jobs. As a bass player it is a mandatory act to attempt to peg the horn players - oops now they'll know why we sit so close. Of course that's easy sport and would only be awarded an average score - now pegging the bass players that's got to be the hardest.

yonhee likes this.
  22. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

What, the reputation of being abunch of musically inadequate drunken geeks?:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
    BMB
    xx