PBone - The Plastic Trombone

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Peach, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I'll search the 'spare' mouthpiece box in the Bandroom tonight, see if I can find something then.

2. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

My blue one arrived today.....what fun!

3. DeedleBone

DeedleBone New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyE-V5t5v48

I just got my purple one, Check it out!

Plays like a dream! the only bad side is that the slide is very noisy but its still very easy to move.

It is really really light and seems very durable.

4. Mallyl

Mallyl New Member

5. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

I see people are now cashing in on ebay.....someone's listed one for £150! Worth the wait though, it's a fine piece of kit for the money.

6. rcalvert20

rcalvert20 Member

Hi there,

Looking to buy a pbone 2nd hand excellent condition. Anyone got one they are willing to sell. It is for one of our good friends in Hungary :)

Rach x

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

New ones are £89 from Packers, if that's any use?

8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Noting that those are not "pBone"s, but something very similar made for Packers.

9. rcalvert20

rcalvert20 Member

Thanks for the help guys! I have spoken to my friend in Hungary and he is looking to buy a yellow one and it has to be the pBone brand. I will look into the Packers one though. x

10. DRW

DRW New Member

The Pbone website suggests they have them in stock in yellow.

11. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

The ones in Packers look identical to the Pbone in the pictures. Not seen them in the flesh though.

12. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Well-Known Member

So Packers have seen something succesful and then produced their own version?
    Stick to the Pbone - it has the pedigree

13. Independent Silver Band

Independent Silver Band Active Member

After trying several, I am must say that I do not share in the enthusiasm for this product.

14. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

On the very rare occasion that we have a nice summer, do they go soft ?

15. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

I've noticed Hayes Music are selling these Tromba ones too, has anyone tried this one against the pBone?

16. its_jon

its_jon Member

Just want to add my review.

I tried a Pbone recently and like most people was very surprised at its playability and 'trombonyness'

Trombone is not my first instrument but I can appreciate the difference between plastic and brass.
    No doubt a brass trombone is superior, however, at the lower and of the market a Pbone is a near match.
    Its perfectly priced, just right.

In the hands of a good player you could easily win a slow melody contest on one of these !
    Compare brass to plastic side by side though and the brass is more complex in tone.

Will be a fine choice for soul bands when miked up.

GREAT for kids. Ideal choice for junior banding !

17. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

I can't stop chuckling at this post - it's been a long day and this made me smile. Thank you Mr Roberts!

18. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

what's good for the slides?
    Info on the pBone website talks about letting them bed in and the scratchiness wearing off with use, but is there anything apart from water that will help it along?

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I wonder if silicon spray would do?

20. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

I bought one for my 6year old and can testify to their robustness as he has thrown it in anger a couple of times and it still works as new.