Paul Anka - Some Nice Action

Discussion in ' User Reviews' started by gmankb, Oct 4, 2005.

1. gmankb

gmankb New Member

I managed to get my hands on that paul anka CD "Rock Swings" today. Its an album of "recent" chart hits (oasis, michael Jackson, Van Halen, Eric Clapton etc etc etc) arranged for Big Band. I don't think I've heard a better trumpet section!!! Some serious action!!! If you get the chance buy it and enjoy!!

Bumper Up
  2. persins

persins Member

Yeah, I got this a while ago after hearing Chris Moyles playing it on his show!

I think it is absolutely brilliant! It is amazing how different these anthems sound when they are played in a different style.
  3. MattB

MattB Member

I heard his version of 'Jump' by Van Halen on that Swing programme on BBC1 last weekend. As an ardent Halen fan, even I had to go 'wow, that's cool!' Go out and buy this CD folks, it does indeed ROCK!
  4. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Do the liner notes list the trumpet players?

5. Brasstrom

Brasstrom New Member

Charlie Davis
    Gary Grant
    Larry Hall
    Warren Luening
    Sal Cracchiolo

Just got it through from Amazon
    well worth it

HANNAH Member

I have to say I listened to it for the 1st time last nigh...I must say rather reluctantly but I was v.impressed, although it does take a while to get your head around hearing those songs played in that style! Very weird!
  7. Aidan Geary

Aidan Geary New Member

Ten of the best pounds I've spent this year!
  8. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Its an excellent cd although it does take a while to get used to the idea.

I wonder if you played the Paul Anka versions and then the originals to somebody who had never heard either version, would they be able to tell which was the original and which the cover!