Passing of Terence (Terry) Tasker

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by Andy Tasker, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Andy Tasker

Andy Tasker Member

It is with immense sadness that I must inform anyone who knew him that my Dad and best friend 'Terry', has passed away today at 12.15 in Manchester Royal Infirmary.It was a very peaceful passing after a short battle with Cancer of the Liver & Duodenum.

Dad was Principal Cornet of the Newton Heath Loco Band in his teens, then joined the Manchester Regiment for his National Service. He has played with Moston & Beswick Band, Blackley Band,Gorton Prize Band and many more. He has also conducted many bands, one of his favorites being Cobden & Chadwick Brass Band.

Dad was a huge family man and treasured every member dearly especially his Grand Children who he doted on. At many of the concerts he Conducted he always cracked some jokes regarding his Grand Daughters Kathryn, Rachael and Emma to much amusement of the audience.

All his closest family were with him today.

Anyone wishing to contact us can do so on my mobile number 07857958784.

Thank You

Andy Tasker

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Terry) Tasker
    Terence
    Chadwick Brass Band.Dad
    Newton Heath Loco Band
    Manchester Royal Infirmary.It
  3. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Hi Andy,

I don't know you and I didn't know your dad but I do know and understand your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences for you and the family.

4. Andy Tasker

Andy Tasker Member

That's very kind John thank you very much

Andy