Passing of Peter Rowley, committed bandsman.

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by Roof, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Roof

Roof New Member

It is with great sadness that the family announce the passing of Peter Rowley, on the 6th April 2008. He was 70 years old. He had been ill in hospital for a short time and was found to be suffering from lung cancer. He was an enthusiastic and well respected trombone player and a dedicated and hard working conductor who worked with a variety of bands in the Staffordshire, Cheshire, North Wales and North Shropshire areas for over 40 years. He will be greatly missed by all those who knew him. May he rest in peace.

The funeral will take place on 16th April 2008 at 11:30am at Bradwell Crematoriam (Chatterley Close, Newcastle, Staffs, ST5 8LE) and then afterwards at The Wulstan (Dimsdale Parade East, Wolstanton, Newcastle, Staffordshire ST5 8BU)

All friends of Peter are welcomed by the family.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Peter Rowley
    FONT=Times New Roman
    FONT
    Newcastle
    SIZE
  3. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low New Member

I was so sorry to hear about Peter. He will be sadly missed by all. Especially his fantasic smile that and the power he managed to pack behind that trombone.

Lindsey (Solo Horn - Whitchurch Band)

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Les the tubaman

Barb and I were saddened to hear of the passing away of Peter. He wasn't at Whitchurch long and we were just beginning to know and love the man.
    Our hearts go out to Ruth in her time of grief. Our love and thoughts will be with you.
    Les and Barb Roberts.

5. Number_3

Number_3 New Member

Our thoughts are with you and the family mate

He was a nice man who Im sure will be missed greatly.

6. Roof

Roof New Member

Thanks for the kind words guys! Could anyone intending to come next Wednesday please let me know? Thanks, Roof

7. cornetblower

cornetblower Member

I was so sorry to hear about Peter. He was a true gentleman who will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with Ruth and the family at this sad time.

8. Rachaelb55

Rachaelb55 New Member

Thoughts are with you Ruth and all the family! He will be sadly missed, a true gentleman to the last!
    Martin will be there on Wednesday. Hope to see you soon hun xxx

Rachael

9. Pastit

Pastit Member

Pete was always there to support Ruth and Wrexham Brass! a true bandsman and friend to the band we will all miss him luv to Ruth and the family Jane Wxm Brass xxxxx

10. Tub Thumper

Tub Thumper Member

I shall always remember Peter fondly and the happy times we spent together at Farndon band in the late 1990s.

He was a dedicated bandsman (he'd have a go at anything but was always keen to get back to his beloved trombone!) and a highly supportive deputy conductor as well as being a dedicated and determined chairman of the band. He always wanted to get things done and move the band forward which was much to his credit (new uniforms/ new instruments/ new places to rehearse etc etc.) and he wouldn't rest until it was done, no matter what obstacles beset him - every band needs a 'Peter'!

God bless you, Peter, and thanks for all the fun times! Our lives are richer for knowing you; the band movement has lost one of it's loyalist and most devoted grass roots members.

Ruth, we are thinking of you at this sad time.

Love from John, Jo and family and all at Rushen Silver on the Isle of Man who knew Peter.

11. Rustonw

Rustonw Member

Peter will be sadly missed both as an enthusiastic supporter of Wrexham Brass and a friend to all those around him. I will remember him as a true bandsman who's opinion I always respected, but above all a hell of a nice man.
    Our thought are with Ruth, family and friends at this sad time.

Wayne, Alison and everyone at Wrexham Brass.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Peter Rowley
    FONT=Times New Roman
    FONT
    Newcastle
    SIZE
  13. BurgerBoy

BurgerBoy Member

So sorry to hear about Pete. He supported the band everywhere we played and always gave an honest view of us, something that is often sadly lacking in banding! We need more like him. He was a good, honest man who loved banding and will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him.

Ruth, we are both thinking of you.

Matt and Ceri

14. neilevans

neilevans New Member

Very sad to hear about Pete, a devoted bandsman and absolute gent !
    Our thoughts are with Ruth and family.

Nez, Joanne & Callum

15. Pastit

Pastit Member

He was a super chap, and will be sorely missed. Thoughts are with you Ruth.

Dave

16. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Bonehead

Not only was Pete in there with you brass bandees he was a highly valued member of the City Jass Orchestra and played trombone with us for years. I think it was his humour and unflappable approach that made him a very easy musician to be alongside in a band and we'll all miss him. Sincere sympathy, Mark

17. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Pete Rowley

Ruth, so sorry for your loss. We didn't know either of you at Whitchurch Band for long, but, as website co-ordinator, I hope I have said the right words if you look at the website. Pete was a gent and a musician. Full stop. Our thoughts are with you at this time.

Trevor and Jayne xx

18. Roof

Roof New Member

Thanks Trevor, your kind words about Pete are great. He always did say Frolic didn't go fast enough! Have included Whitchurch website for others to view!

Thanks again, Ruth

http://www.whitchurchband.info/

19. Roof

Roof New Member

I have been asked what the collection will be going towards at the funeral. We thought that as Pete loved his dogs and cats, the RSPCA would be appropriate.

Anyone wishing to make a donation, please send to Dennis Cartledge Funeral Director, Audley Funeral Home, Ravens Lane, (01782) 720719

Thank you.

20. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Pete's funeral

Ruth

It was good to see you at the funeral today. It was a dignified service with a gentle touch of humour that typified Pete. I will remember him as generous hearted and good natured with a ready smile. I enjoyed Pete's company and will miss him at CJO.

As well as banding, Pete loved to watch and talk cricket. He and I enjoyed bemoaning the state of English cricket. OK, he didn't have much to smile about when we did!! I always said we should go together and watch them play one day - just for the pleasure of a good old moan - but, to my regret, we never got round to it. Pete, next time the England middle order collapses, I'll be thinking of you mate.

God bless.

Chas