parking for Newcastle Airport

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave1, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Dave1

Dave1 Member

Help - I know I've left this a bit late but does anyone know where you can park for Newcastle Airport for less that £70.oo for two weeks. I know I'm a tight Scot but £70 seems a bit steep.
    CVan anyone help ??
  2. leisa

leisa Active Member

There is offsite parking there, we went from there to rome and parked for 4 days there i cant remember how much it was but it was not alot and they provide a coach trANSFER to the airport and arrange to pick you up when your flight gets back in. I am sure if you contact the airport they can give you details i don't really know the details as my boyfriend arranged it. could find out for you though if you cant find out anymore!! :redface:
  3. dave jake

dave jake Member

You could park in numerous streets around the north east for free and catch the Metro to the airport.
    Mind the Metro will cost a couple of quid each way and your car will probably be a shell when you get back. Just pay the 70 quid its cheaper then most major airports are you aScottish or a Yorkshireman by any chance?
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- do you mean Park and Ride?
  5. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

There's secure parking at Callerton Parkway which is a 5min Metro ride from the Airport. Not sure of cost though.

Other than that i have little suggest, never having had to have park at the airport. Metro everytime for me!
  6. leisa

leisa Active Member

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

£70 for two weeks is cheap... I'd pay it and rest assured your car is safe for the duration of your holiday. Alternatively, what are the costs of public transport or paying a mate to get you there and back?
  8. richardhall

richardhall Member

I would agree its worth paying for peace of mind.

Travelcare (and maybe other travel agents) can pre book parking at Newcastle and give you a discounted rate.

You park in a security monitored park, then on your return take your booking reference to the car park control centre. Remember to make a note of the bay number though, so you can find your car on your return, though!