Parcelforce 48

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by brassneck, Mar 16, 2009.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Over the years, I've probably been lucky when couriers have had to deliver items to me ... until maybe now! After a hiccup to two with collection & delivery to the central sorting complex at Coventry, the status of the package has been stuck at "sorted at Central hub" since early Saturday morning. What surprises me is that it hasn't been sent to the Edinburgh depot for distribution yet! The item (a wheechair for my mum) is being delivered by Parcelforce 48. When should I expect delivery, or is that a daft question?

Parcel Tracks

Date/ Time/ Location/ Tracking Event
    14-03-2009/ 00:32/ National Hub/ Sorted in hub
    13-03-2009/ 01:07/ Bristol North Depot/ Rerouted to correct depot
    13-03-2009/ 01:07/ Bristol North Depot/ Parcel missorted
    12-03-2009/ 23:08/ Bristol North Depot/ Arrived at delivery depot
    12-03-2009/ 17:19/ Bristol North Depot/ On route to hub
    12-03-2009/ 15:26/ Bristol North Depot/ Collected from customer

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Parcelforce
    Coventry
    COLOR
    delivery depot
    Bristol North Depot
  3. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

it should take approximatly 48hrs, as the name suggests, but looking at the tracking log you have posted, the "parcel missorted" entry is probably what has thrown it, your best bet is to get hold of the parcel force phone number from their website and give them a ring, armed with your tracking code and the knowledge that your parcel should have arrived already

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Lol, I'm not having a good day for online orders (... CD "unavailable" from retailer after payment made!). With the volume of parcels going through Coventry, it might take a while for them to answer my query. I would have expected the wheelchair to be, at least, moved up to my local distribution depot during the weekend for dispatch today!

5. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

see your major problem with parcel force is, the fact they are a subsiduary of the royal mail....and we all know how reliable those guys are when it comes to sorting offices

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've now emailed their customer services dept. to chase it up. As far as I can remember, their tracking programme is usually accurate and up-to-date.

Lol! "We will aim to reply to your enquiry within the next two working days. Our business hours are Mon-Fri: 8am to 7pm and Sat 8:30am to 12.30pm. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause."

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I should have done something else than just wait on this delivery. I got a reply from Parcelforce Customer Services ... :mad:

" I would be grateful if you could supply a contact telephone number I can pass on to your local delivery depot, who will then contact you direct regarding your enquiry.

If it is more convenient for you, you can call the depot direct on 08700 844 585 and select option 5.

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to deal with your enquiry myself"

- I phoned the local depot & they confirmed that it was still in Coventry. They told me to wait on an online update on the tracker, but I suggested they they contact the office to chase it up! Not a great day. Even the jeans my mum (she's 90yr old) wanted were no longer on sale (... shop was refitted yesterday after being taken over by another company :frown:). Not much success to present when I visit her in hospital shortly!

8. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Try the magic words "48 hours" and "refund" ;)

(Mind you, you'll probably be quoted some arcane get-out clause regarding Acts of God, weekends and idiot staff...)

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Some good news ... it eventually arrived at the Edinburgh depot in the early hours of this morning. Lol, they probably pushed the wheelchair up from Coventry. I just hope that there is no delay in getting it to my postal address.

17-03-2009 ... 02:16 ... Edinburgh West Depot ... Out for delivery
    17-03-2009 ... 01:05 ... Edinburgh West Depot ... Arrived at delivery depot
    14-03-2009 ... 00:32 ... National Hub ... Sorted in hub

10. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

things are starting to look up then brassneck, hope it arrives on time for you, well on time today, its already late :p

11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I certainly hope so. The hospital have booked an occupational therapist to fit her in the chair sometime tomorrow and their available booking time is sparce. Saying that, my mum was asking if I managed to buy amber reflectors for the spokes yet ... :redface:

[​IMG] http://www.bettermobility.co.uk/acatalog/self_propelled_wheel_chairs.html

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Parcelforce
    Coventry
    COLOR
    delivery depot
    Bristol North Depot
  13. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

Wheelchairs by Pimp My Ride?
    My granma used to have those 'spokeys' thing, that slid up and down the wheel spokes and made a clunk noise each time, ****** annoying when your pushing it around in a quiet place

14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

At least she's happy with the colour ... metallic purple (... will compliment her slippers :rolleyes:).

[I'm still waiting on delivery!]

15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:woo Now got the buggy! A big scratch on a rear beam but apart from that, it looks fine! I wonder why it wasn't folded & only partially protected by bubble-wrap though? :confused:

[​IMG]

16. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

hurray!!

17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

.... & almost a happy ending ... she wants a thinner support cushion as well! :-?

[​IMG]

18. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

thats mothers for you, whatever you do its never right, haha, my mums exactly the same she has a fairly old laptop which i fixed up for her, upgraded it all and it was working fine....she proceded to drop it and then told me i didnt fix it right because its broken again

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I found out a little bureaucratic nonsense from the ward. Now that I've bought her a buggy, the occupational therapist who was meant to help fit her has said that it is now out of her remit to do so (... Health & Safety rules). When I asked why she (my mum) wasn't then allocated a chair and then fitted she said that because no chairs are specifically given to patients, there was no need to do so. Weird considering that a chair that is not suitably fitted can cause more problems than good.

20. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I've just had an almost identical problem. Bought a barebone media centre PC on ebay and was quoted the price for Parcelforce 48. Item posted on Wednesday 11th, arrived yesterday (Tuesday 17th). That's one hell of a long 48 hours!

ps. Your Mum looks pleased with her chair, Tom. I hope she's not one of these pensioners who drives their wheelchairs over peoples feet!

21. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- only when she's tired, lol! She then becomes a menance but the other patients have learned to move out of the way. Wheelchair was a bargain. Less than 1/4 price including P&P.