Paper Folding....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cjconnor24, Jul 18, 2005.

1. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

Hi there, probably a strange post on tmp......

I have designed and printed wedding "order of service" for my girlfriends sister! The design is printed on to A4 paper but has to be folded in half to make it into the booklet.....however it has to be pretty "bang on" to give the desired effect......

There are paper folding machines out there but they are pretty pricey, especially for a one off!!

Does anyone have anytips on how to get an pretty accurate fold in a fairly quick time? (bearing in mind there are around 450 folds to be made:eek: )

Thanks in advance!
    Chris:tup :tup
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

could you print a line in a very light colour were you want he fold to be?
  3. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

i was thinkn that actually, but am not sure if it would look a bit dodgy:confused:

cos its a really light cream colour card&paper......and iv printed bout 100 sheets already:frown:

thanks tho, mite give it a go n c wot its like!:tup
  4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

You don't need to print full lines, just little marks at the top and bottom of the fold. Also get as many people to help fold as you can muster. That'll massively reduce the time it takes to do the job. It might be an idea to print several too many to allow for "duds" (say 10%) if the folding "tolerance"is tight.
  5. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Is there a small printer in the area? - I mean traditional lithographic as opposed to a 'copy shop' - 'cos they may have a folding machine. (450 will probably take them all of 2-3 minutes once the machine has been set...)
  6. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

I used to be a member of my local Origami club.

Unfortunately it folded.

7. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member