Pangbourne Band Appoints Nigel Hall as MD

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Panggers, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Panggers

Panggers New Member

We are pleased to announce that Nigel Hall has taken on the post of MD for Pangbourne and District Silver Band. The band has declined in numbers over recent years but is hopeful of a revival under Nigel's leadership. If you are interested in joining the band please visit our website for more information. Our next rehearsal is on Wednesday 30th August from 8pm to 10 pm at Pangbourne Village Hall. We particularly need trombone and bass players but are unlikely to turn away any talented and interested players!
  2. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Congrats to you all

You have gained a good conductor there and will do a good job for you.

I hope it all goes really well for you Nigel and good to hear you are back in the helm of a band doing what you do best
  3. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Thanks Martin, The cheque's in the post.....yeah, right!!!!!
  4. persins

persins Member

nice to hear that Pangbourne are still going! I hope that the new direction does pull in some more players.
    I helped the band out years ago and it was great fun!
    Good luck to all.

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Pangbourne are very much still going! :clap: They've just been keeping a fairly low profile :rolleyes:

They've got a number of new players as well as appointing Nigel and things seem to be going from strength to strength!

They also have a new website at
  6. Bassintheballroom

Bassintheballroom New Member

That said, Dave, the new band website is still advertising for a new MD... :oops:

Good luck to Nigel and the good folks at my old band!
  7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I know, but nobody is perfect! It's a lot more up to date than when I was webmaster! :oops:

When did you play for PSB? Do I know you? :biggrin:
  8. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Good luck Nigel.They were a great bunch in my time there,and i'm sure you will enjoy your banding by the river.