Paintballing....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

....hurts like hell when you:

a) do it while hungover
    b) its muddy as possible
    c) wet

put all these together then add the idea that you can't shoot someone unless they are at least 6 feet away being ignored by a load of lads shooting each other at point blank range!

I'm covered in bruises :(

But it was fun though...and i'm finishing the day off in style with a fridgeful of cool fosters :tup

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    hell
    put
    someone
    load
    lads
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I've had two experiences of paintballing. One good, (until I was barred from the last ten minutes for refusing to be dead!) and one bad (where the organisers could not provide me with a left handed gun, there by leaving me in capable of hitting a barn door, and an easy target. And I went down a shocking sore throat as well :mad:)

For me, no left handed gun, no participation....

4. ju33les

ju33les Member

I have never done paintballing, but have done Quasar/Laser Quest!

It was brill:biggrin:
    Especially when everything vibrates when you get shot at.......

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I've been once - on a mates stag do - and had a great day.

I doesn't hurt too bad when you get shot provided the shooter is in the next county. Any nearer and it hurts like hell.

The first time I got shot I was dispacted neatly in the throat - the paintball landed in the tiny space between my mask and overall. Damn that hurt. I also had a glancing blow across my knuckles which surgically removed the skin (took over a month for that to heal), but the wost injury was when we played the final "free for all" game and while running for cover in the first few seconds I tripped fell well and truely **** over tip and sprained my left wrist. All the elegance and balance of a swan in ice me...

6. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Last time I went our kid had 43 bruises, he counted them in the bathroom...

I had 9...

7. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I dont think it really hurts... It just stings a lot for a few seconds, then the pain goes away... Its two days after you feel it...!!

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

You guys are trying the wrong sport! Try Airsofting. There are sites all over the country where you can hire the kit to play and it's miles cheaper than Paintball. You use realistic weapons, pistols, sub machine guns, rifles and shotguns, that fire 6mm plastic biodegradable balls. They sting but rarely bruise, unless hit on bare skin. No messy paint stains all over you. And far more tactical than Paintball. However HONESTY is the pre-requisite of Airsoft, although there are Marshals around watching the play YOU are trusted to call yourself hit and return to the safe zone or respawn point. The weapons are more accurate that paintball markers and have a greater range. Although hiring the gear for a days play is the norm for Noobies most people have their own guns and Tactical gear, whether it be the DPM soldier look or the black SAS look and all combinations in between. Airsoft is played in a wide variety of terrains, from woodland, to ex-military bases with planes and trains, to even a complete underground tunnel complex in Epsom.

So, forget 'girlie' Paintball with all the lycra and pretty colours and give Airsoft a go. You can even be trained by some of the guys that stormed the Iranian Embassy in 1980, now stars of TV 'Are You Tough Enough' series. ;)