Paddy's Welsh Area - 2011

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Paddy Flower, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Yes, John, but presumably by PM or email - the instance I referred to (though I phrased it badly suggesting there was more than one) was referenced in a thread by a long standing member of the froum, and so was available to be seen by all.

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Phone too, Will... :)

3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

LOL! But had they read the thread(s) before complaining, John?

4. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

No they got their spies to do it for them..... such cunning subterfuge.... :eek:

5. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

I have been reading this whole thread with interest. I don't really want to get involved in the rights or wrongs of what might have happened. All we have is a group of aggrieved people shouting about why they're aggrieved without any substance to prove this rightly or wrongly.

I must admit I'm a little biaised in that in my experience, when people shout this loudly and for so long with no substance, I have found that the fault often lies within their own view of the world. Especially when the actual root problem is regarding how vociferously someone threw allegations around! AGAIN I have no idea if this is right in this case, just putting my own prejudices out there to help you realise where I'm coming from.

The point of putting the above is that you may find that this extended discussion on the mouthpiece is not doing yourselves any favours. It simply comes across as "I think he's a cheat..How dare they ban me for confronting him about it and causing a scene on stage...and I'll keep posting about how I think he's a cheat constantly in the public domain" because as much as you try to not specifically say these words, this is basically what it boils down to, and any person with half a brain can see this. The constant barrage of comments on here does give a good indication just how heated any 'discussion' may have got on stage.

With regards to the non-response, I'm actually not surprised. When you post all their correspondence in the public domain, you will not encourage anyone to reply to you further. If I was in their shoes I'd be running everything past a solicitor and keeping my lips as firmly closed as humanly possible. This is the nature of this litigous society. Now I don't think they're right to not respond when they've told you they will, but I definitely understand their nervousness to say anything further.

Again, I have no idea if you are the wronged party here, I have my own prejudices having read the thread but I'm often as wrong as the next person, just trying to let you see how this may look to the rest of the world, and why you may be shooting yourselves in the foot. My advice would be to have dealt with the matter privately with them, or follow whatever routes are available to you. I think that now the whole thing has been played out on a public stage you may find it very difficult to get any satisfactory solution.

Edit PS: yes Ive deliberately used an anoymous ID for posting, very much for the above reasons.. I don't think getting involved in contentious issues in the public domain does yourself, or the band you're connected with any favours.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  6. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

I too am really a reader unaffected by these issues, but Someone/A group has been Charged, Arraigned, condemned and punished; and the reasons for that witheld. Additionally those Charging, Arraigning, condemning and assigning punishment would appear to involve primary parties.

I am totally un-concerned about who is in the right or wrong here, and more interested in Fairness. It might well be that the deliberations and punishment are entirely justified and fair.

But the whole process of 'convicted by my accuser' does sound open to unfairness!

In my view Justice not only has to be done, but has to be seen to be done; and I dont feel that it has been "Seen to be Done".

7. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

Yes I agree with you there, and this process has possibly not been as open to the 'accused' as it should have been. According to the posting on here anyway.

I have absolutely no connection to anyone involved, in fact I don't know anything about any of them, or have ever met them (at least not to my knowledge) but my point is that by trawling this all through such a public forum, the people involved have probably caused the lack of response themselves.

it may well be that people who do know what's gone on (presumably most people present at the time the confrontation happened) know exactly why it's happened, or not. From what I can see an accusation of foul play was made without any evidence for this and then this was compounded with an aggressive confrontation at the event itself. To me, this warrants action in itself. It appears at first glance that there is nothing to answer.

The accusation was 'You were cheating, you put us last out of spite'. Why on earth does someone have to respond to this when no evidence has been given. It's only the very public airing on here that has given any curiosity for a reply. And I don't blame anyone for not replying when everything that is said or written is posted on a public forum. This is not the place for these sort of things to get resolved.

And the ban itself seems to have been in response to a public action, not the accusation itself. So it does seem to be that everything has happened in the open. The only thing that has not been responded to is the lengthy accusations of cheating, and does every accusation of cheating warrant a public reply? no of course not. How many times has someone shouted that an adjudicator is corrupt? (and usually because someone feels hard done to by a result) The best response to these accusations is usually no response at all. Unless someone gives some actual substance of proof, then any organisation is completely right to just ignore it.

As I said previously, in my experience, when someone has these public outcries, the fault often lies with the person themselves. Now this makes me prejudiced because of my own experience, and possibly wrong. But doing it in this way will influence many people in the same manner and not do any good to the individuals or band in question. Probably unfairly, but that's how people work.

Edit: My response is actually in an attempt to help the accused on here, because I think they're doing harm to themselves by continuing this in such a public and aggressive way.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  8. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

Oops sorry, duplicate post

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  9. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

Sorry I forgot to respond to part of your post:
    "But the whole process of 'convicted by my accuser' does sound open to unfairness!"

Well if you punch a policeman in the face, he will be the one to arrest you. If you hurl abuse at a judge in court, he will be the one to punish you for this. If you walk into your bank and verbally abuse the cashier, it is the bank that will have the right to ban you from their premises, and they will not be under any obligation to publish the reasons publicly for this. Convicted by the accuser happens all the time.

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

11. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

12. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

I agree with them totally, why do people use daft names on here anyway ?

Maybe to give the ego a boost ?

Maybe to be mischevious (as stated in that article) ?

For once I agree with something from a governing body !!

Yours Sincerely

David Davies

13. JonP

JonP Member

Cor Blimey, this is still raging nearly 12 months after the event.

Cant quite believe your still going guys.

14. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

wow someone must have been reading my mind!! Well that's all I have to say on the matter. Hopefully this can be put to bed now, and all the various parties involved get on with their lives, and regain some dignity from letting go (or following the appopriate routes as described in the article).

15. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Can't really argue with any of that. Sounds like a positive step to me.

And, as my identity is always blatantly obvious whenever I post, I've nothing to worry about on the other score either.....

16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Can't apply to me as I've had no involvement in what happened on tMP regarding what they described (as far as I'm aware).

17. JayneSop

JayneSop Member

I agree.... talking about it on here isnt going to change anything.... we should be now looking forward to this years contest!!!

18. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

As long as they let you enter ! think about it

19. BikeBadger

BikeBadger Member

That would seem to imply that you agree things need to change. Any suggestions?

20. Cath Ata

Cath Ata New Member

If Runston takes over the Cory job, will Cory be banned from the area too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.