Paddy's - Test Piece Name That Tune

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by Paddy Flower, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

Dunno if this has been done before but here goes.

I'll sing a tune, you have to guess what it is. If you get if right you get to sing the next tune for everyone. Comprende?...

Right here's an easy one to get you started, small clue it's been been played recently at EIGHT different contests..

"Daah - Daah, duddle-duddly-dum, be-diddly-dum, be-diddly-dum be-dum be-dum be-dum, dada-badada-badada, Daar - Daar, duddle-duddly-dum, be-diddly-dum..."

etc, etc...

2. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Carnaval Romain, Ol' boy?

3. Paddy Flower

OK that was really too easy. Your song 13Ball, away you go.

4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Okay....

Boom! Ba-dap bop beee-daah, ba-dap bop ba-de-dee, ba-dop ba beee baaaah, ba-da-de-deee, da-de-deeeeh.... Raaaaaaaah.....

Clue - popular test-piece from a famous salvationist composer....

Any takers?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  5. Di B

Di B Member

Played a game like this on many a band bus trip....good call Paddy. Think clues are needed to help with written singing!

6. Paddy Flower

The word 'Clue' is a bit of a give away here Di B... :tongue:

This looks like the start of The Essence of Time (I wouldn't have stood a chance if it wasn't for the 'Bang!' at the start)

Far off Thirteen?

7. Di B

Di B Member

Essence of time??

8. Paddy Flower

If you got that without the 'Clue' i'll give you that one (even if I got my guess in a few miliseconds before you did)

9. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

10. Di B

Di B Member

No - I used the clue! Your turn Paddy ;-p

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Test Piece Name That Tune Dunno
    Paddy
    duddle-duddly-dum
    Daah - Daah
    dada-badada-badada
  12. Paddy Flower

Thanks, not sure what Laserbeam's playing at? You've gotta get one right first, but i'm wondering about your one tho (drawing a blank so far)...

OK Former British Open piece that was used as an area qualifying piece before that.

(Basses): Bom-bom b-Ba-b-ba-b-bom b-Ba-ba (band) DAAH-diddle-dum... (Basses): Bom-bom b-Ba-b-ba-b-bom b-Ba-ba (Lower band) Dan d-dah (Basses with euph): Bom-bom b-Ba-b-ba-b-bom b-Ba-ba Booor-diddle-dum... (Trom lead) Dan d-dah. (Top end): Dam-dam d-Da-d-da-dom d-Da-da BANG! (band) DAAH-d-dum dah-d-dum

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  13. Laserbeam bass

Thought it was free for all :tongue: Mine was a regional test piece in the last 5 years for the top section. This is the fist two notes of the piece.

I have only payed in lower section bands so do not have the knowledge of the other game players. I feel suitably chastised by mein host and from now will watch at a distance :(

Is your Blitz, thought it might be with all those bombs going off :)

14. Laserbeam bass

Wrong year D'oh

15. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Is it Diversions on a Bass Theme Paddy?

16. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Yes, I got that one, but you posted before me!

17. Paddy Flower

Indeed, can't beat a bit of George Lloyd can ya..

OK, whichever one of you two logs on next, give us a tune.

18. Bass Trumpet

Ok, here's a slightly more obscure one. Test piece for both Nationals and Open but not used too much since.

Bum! Brrra-da Da-dah, da da, dah-didee dah-didee da-didee dah-didee, dah di dum dum da da da.

Bum! Dah di dum dum dum dum, dubee dubee dum dum dum dum, dubee dubee dum dum dum dum dum dum, da da da da da da da da etc. etc.

Big up anybody who gets it!

19. Bass Trumpet

Nobody yet? C'mon get those thinking caps on!

I'll give you a clue: It was used at the National and at the Open in the same decade. Both contests threw up a slightly surprising (but deserved) result.

20. Bass Trumpet

Nobody? Ok it was Diversions by Derek Bourgeois. I'll let somebody else have a go - my tastes are too obscure!

Diversions was set for the 1986 Nationals and the 1989 Open. Won by Faireys and Kennedy's Swinton respectively.

21. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It can only be Rienzi ;)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Test Piece Name That Tune Dunno
    Paddy
    duddle-duddly-dum
    Daah - Daah
    dada-badada-badada