Paddy's Productions Proudly Presents - Star Wars (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Paddy Flower, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

I dunno if this sort of thing has been done before but I'm about to commence filming a remake of George Lucas' classic 1977 epic and I'm looking for suggestions for cast members to audition.

Only one rule, they must be (reasonably) well knows members of the banding community (living or dead).

So here's the roles we need to fill, if you can think of any characters i've left out, let me know...

Luke Skywalker
    Han Solo
    Princess Leia
    Obi Wan Kenobi
    Darth Vader (maybe a seperate person for the voice - as in the original)
    Uncle Owen
    Aunt Beru
    Grand Moff Tarkin (the Peter Cushing character for those of you looking bemused)
    Red 2 (Wedge)
    Red 6 (Porkins)

As well as...

Cantina Band members

etc etc...

To start the ball rolling it might be a good idea to have a father & son to be Darth & Luke, how about Dr Bob & David Childs. David is undoubtedly ya fresh faced hero (although i'm not sure what he looks like in a blonde wig)and as for Bob, well he's got a dark side hasn't he?

Actually I might have tied up the Darth role already, James Watson inside the suit (he's about 7 ft tall - and as a nice link he was a trumpet player on the original soundtrack) with Dr Bob doing the voice. A nice reunion you might say
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Obi Wan Kenobi: Richard Evans
  3. Paddy Flower

Thanks Anno good suggestion.

Actually one other rule if I may, how about a brief sales pitch for your intended auditionee...

I'm sure you don't need to do this with dick the stick , he even looks like Alec Guinness, he's gonna take some shifting out of this role
  4. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Shame you're not doing Empire Strikes Back.

I'd have had Phil Wilby for Yoda any day of the week!

Do I really need to explain that one?

How about Chuckles for C3PO? He'd bring some humour to the part.
  5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

As you say, he even looks a bit Kenobi-esque. And he's got the whole elder statesman/mentor thing going on. Plus I once saw him do the "you don't need to see his papers" mind control trick....

Darth Vader: Phillip Harper, purely 'cos he's about 8 feet tall.
    Grand Moff Tarkin: Billy Rushworth - psycho eyes. I could imagine him blowing up Alderaan.
    Princess Leia: Katrina Marzella. Young, brunette, attractive, will look good in the gold bikini when we get to Return of the Jedi.
    R2D2: Russell Gray. Not the tallest fella in banding.
    Chewbacca: Kingy, before he got a haircut. Or possibly Steven Mead, 'cos he likes to rip peoples' arms off when he loses.
    Jawas: The National Childrens' Brass Band. In hoodies.

Can you tell I'm trying to avoid working? :rolleyes:
  6. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

There's Admiral Akbar too, although I don't know anyone with rubber fingers...
  7. Paddy Flower

Yoda? (maybe some explanation), actually I was thinking of going to the other realm and casting 'The Wee Professor' himself Walter Hargreaves

Sorry, who's Chuckles? (he asks hoping he's not the only one who has no idea)

All great suggestions but I see Billy Rushworth as more hired muscle than evil genius so perhaps we'll save him for Bobba-Fett in the next 2 movies

The mind control trick? Who did he do it to? (I hope it wasn't at registration to one of the hard-working contest officials) We could cast said official as the uncredited Stormtrooper "These aren't the droids we're looking for, move along, move along"
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  8. Kjata

Kjata Member

Paul Duffy.

And I think Russell Gray would be better as a Jawa!
  9. Paddy Flower

Umm.. I think Russell is box office, i'm sure his agent would say no way to an uncredited 'bit part' and he's still the best (and only) suggestion i've had for R2.

I dunno Paul, I dare you, go up to him and ask him shout 'Houtini', see what think, report back to me ;)
  10. Kjata

Kjata Member

Yes, because now I'm actually in Manchester I don't want to survive the first year...! :wink:
  11. Ex-Pat BBb

Ex-Pat BBb New Member

I've played under both Philip Harper & James Watson. I'd say Watson has a good 2-3 inch height advantage.

With the blonde hair wouldn't you cast Harper as Luke Skywalker?
  12. Paddy Flower

Not sure what'll happen when Luke, Han & Chewy break Leia out of the prison cell on the death star...
    "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

Not gonna work is it. But Philip Harper is a theatrical type so i'm sure a role will come up for him soon
  13. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Actually, I would have gone for Maurice Murphy (following on from Paddy's original point about James Watson ... ); but, close enough ...