Paddy’s BIG news

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Paddy Flower, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

You may recall that I am due to deliver some exciting news, well here it is. Paddy has gained an extension to his gambling license in order to take REAL MONEY BETS for brass band contests in the future.

I still have a lot of work to do finalising things but I should be ready to open officially for business in a few months time.

The grand launch of Honest Paddy’s Brass Accountants will happen at this year’s National Championship Finals, there is nowhere more appropriate than Cheltenham I’m sure you will agree and I have negotiated mutually favourable terms with Kapitol Promotions to put up a temporary betting shop in the Trade Stand Zone.

2. Paddy Flower

Paddy is also delighted to welcome punters at the Albert Hall in October. This did pose a small problem at first as most of the building doesn’t hold a gambling license but thankfully the main concert hall itself does (thanks to permits being granted for a Poker Masters tournament held there recently). Unfortunately I will have to set-up my smart new electronic price stand right next to stage (so as not to disturb the adjudicators in the event of long queues of punters snaking past their tent).

Bets can be taken there all day (including mid-performance), however whilst a band is playing we will only be able to use the ‘tic-tac’ sign language employed by the trackside bookmakers you see at the horse racing so if you want to place an ‘in-play’ bet you will need to learn tic-tac for yourself. I have included a link to a site which should help.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/static/in_depth/other_sports/features/tic_tac_guide/default.stm

3. Paddy Flower

Paddy still has no intention of revealing his true identity so I’m currently talking to a few celebrity operatives to man the betting shops. I hear Nick Childs might be available for the October event although I will be in competition with at least THREE bands hoping to secure him as a conductor for the day so I might need to dig deep into Paddy’s coffers.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about this fantastic news for Paddy and for banding in general.

4. mikey.smithy

mikey.smithy Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA - brilliant.....

5. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Will you still be running the league in its current 'money free' format Paddy?

6. Paddy Flower

:tup

That's what I thought, this is going to be great, people REALLY putting their money where their mouth is

Oh yes, no point in changing a winning formula

7. Blower

Blower Member

Real money... that's more like it!!! None of this pretned stuff, I'll be there with my large wads of cash ready to take you for all you've got ;-)

8. diddlydoc

diddlydoc New Member

I hope that you don't have a maximum bet as I won the National Lottery last week and have plenty of cash to spare - lol

9. Paddy Flower

well if you have cash to spare we could come to some sort of deal, who knows we might even be able to afford SMead to help the good doctor out

10. Bones

Bones Member

Hmmmmmm April the 1st.............

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Arial
    Paddy
    FONT
    Arial
    Brass Accountants
  12. Blower

Blower Member

You were quick....

13. diddlydoc

diddlydoc New Member

Seriously - lol

14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Well played :clap:

15. trombonebabe

trombonebabe Member

Better than the usual 4barsrest April fools joke!!

16. trombonebabe

trombonebabe Member

17. Heather17

Heather17 Member

18. grausue

grausue Member

Most excellent dudes! :clap: :clap:

19. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I salute you sir!

20. Mattytheshark

Mattytheshark Member

April fool maybe but I want to do it!!!

21. Paddy Flower

Oh I don't know, it tickled me

:mad: Right, severe slaps to everyone who's mentioned today's date, come on chaps we could of left it to at least midday. Who knows I could've got a few 'biters', a few 'Angry from Tumbridge Wells's

I've already thought up a better one for next year but I'll be putting contracts out on anyone giving the game away before 12pm :biggrin:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Arial
    Paddy
    FONT
    Arial
    Brass Accountants