Oxford and District BBA Brass Festival

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by DaveR, Jan 26, 2006.

1. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

The Oxford and District Brass Band Association are pleased to announce that we will be holding our Annual Brass Festival on May 21st, 2006 at Sandhills School, Oxford. This is a solos, duets, quartets and small ensembles contest, and is open to anybody of any age and ability. There is even a soloists class for percussionists!

If you would like further details, please pm me and I will be happy to oblige.

2. no plans to run the winter contest again then? we came the last time it took place (Feb 2004 I think) in cowley and enjoyed the format.

Steve

3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Unfortunately not - at least, not this year anyway. We are going to be running an Entertainments Contest later in the year - we have October 1st pencilled in at the moment. Would you be interested in taking part in that? It would be great to see you and your band there again.

DaveR

4. Well, if its October that would suit us fine, I've been keen to do an entertainment contest for ages but haven't found one that fits in with our busy concert schedule. Hopefully we'll see you there

Steve

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

That would be great - pencil the date in and as soon as we are able to confirm the date I will let you know - and post it on tMP. Are you able to take part in the Brass Festival? The Festival is a great day....

6. Eddie Yarker

Eddie Yarker New Member

Details of Event

Please could you send me details. I competed last year & hope to encourage some others in our Band to have a go. Thanks eddie

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Eddie, I'll be glad to - the info should have already been sent to your band, but if you pm your email address to me, I'll send your own copy!

Thanks

Dave

8. Eddie Yarker

Eddie Yarker New Member

my E Mail address is edward.yarker@btinternet.com

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

Hi Eddie, great to see you on the forum mate. Hope life is treating you well and the band are thriving.

10. Eddie Yarker

Eddie Yarker New Member

Yea this is new ground for me . Just got Ollie a lap top so from next Tues when Zelda takes it to Warrington she will be back on line.We have got richard Evans comming down this W/end to give us some help With Discovery. Are you with Travelshere now?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    District Brass Band Association
    District BBA Brass Festival The Oxford
    Oxford
    Annual Brass Festival
    Sandhills School
  12. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Comes to something when the mods start taking threads off-topic :rolleyes: :tongue:

Just to bring it back on course a little - if there is anybody else out there who is interested in taking part, pm me for information. The closing date for entries is May 2nd.

13. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

We'd love to get involved, I've been looking for some different 4tet comps.... but its the same day as Crawley :(

14. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Yes, I'm sorry about that, I don't know how that happened as I wasn't (unfortunately) at the meeting when the date was decided! If you know what time you are playing at Crawley I can try to juggle the timetable so that you can enter both, but the drive from Crawley to Oxford would probably be too much!

15. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Just to remind you all, the closing date for the contest approaches swiftly. If anybody is interested and hasn't received any info (for whatever reason), or if they are intending to enter but can't finalise your entries in time then please get in touch with me to negotiate! :)

16. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Details of the ODBBA contest are now being finalised, and have been sent out to participating bands. Audience members are welcome, and what's more it is free entry! ;) So please come along and have a listen if you are in the area and support all the young musicians (and a few not so young musicians too! :biggrin:) who have been working hard to play their best....:clap:

The contest will begin at 9.45 and is held at Sandhills School, Terret Avenue Oxford. Please feel free to pm me if you would like any further information (and we could probably even squeeze in a late entry or two if you are so inclined!)

Adjudicators on the day are Mr Nigel Horne, and Mr Dougal Prophet.

Hope to see you all there next Sunday (21st May).

Last edited: May 14, 2006