Ow!.....It stung me!....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Jun 30, 2004.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Yesterday, for the first time, i was stung by a wasp.
    It Hurt.
    A Lot :cry:

So i just thought it would give everyone a nice opportunity to share their "i got stung by a wasp when...." stories.

I mean there is bound to be someone who "was stung by a wasp 10 times in one day......in the same place....by the same wasp!"
    so there you go, lets here it! :D
  2. jambo

jambo Member

Yeah and it knacks!!!!!!

As a kid i was on my bike riding through the park and rode past a bin. A wasp flew out of the bin under my t-shirt and stung me 8 times *&^%!"£

ouch! :x

Never could wear the t-shirt again as always got wierd prickling sensation so it got binned! :shock: :?
  3. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I got stung in the mouth once when I was three :cry: :cry: - by a bee (same thing!). It just flew in there and got scared! :cry: And yes, it hurt! :cry:
  4. sugarandspice

so 8 times is the record so far!

- i wouldnt have minded if i had actually annoyed the stupid thing, but i was just sat innocently on the train :x
  5. jambo

jambo Member

you must have been in its seat! How rude....
  6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol! :lol:

I got stung when I was 8 by a wasp, when I accidentally put my hand on it whilst on a playground twirly circular thingy ma jig! :cry:
    I've hated them ever since!
  7. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

When I was really young, I was riding my bike down a path and must have come too close to a nest. A swarm of wasps flew out into my face and one stung my eyelid. It swelled up to the size of a marble and closed my eye up tight.
    Never heard my Mum sound so fraught.
    Pretty scared myself.
  8. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Just thought of a funny story!! (Shouldn't laugh really, but it was funny) :p :D

My dog ate a bee once...her head swelled up to twice it's normal size...that's it really (you had to be there!! :lol: )

We took her to the vet, got some medication (expensive by the way :x !), and now she's fine! :p :D
  9. sugarandspice

Are Bee stings worse than wasp stings?

one of my bosses at work (who happens to be our principle cornet player :roll: ) has this tennis bat shaped thing which electrocutes all the buggy things.....very good idea......just a bit weary about getting too close-i know he's just waiting for the chance to get me with it!
  10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

when i was about 3/4 I was standing by the back door and a wasp landed on my hand and stung me... *beepard* :lol:

Then when i was a teenager, got stung again... had a panic attack :?

Joys :lol: :?
  11. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Ooooh, those things are great...and they make such fascinating sounds!!!
  12. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I've never been stung by bees or wasps so I'm even more afraid of them because I don't know what to expect (that's my theory anyway).

I don't think either is worse than the other, but a bee will sting as a last resort as it dies afterwards (apparently), whereas a wasp can go on and on stinging you over and over and over again... *shudder*.
  13. sugarandspice

- i used that thoery to- expect it to hurt a lot!!
  14. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

When I was about 13 or 14 I was on a cycling holiday with my dad (we were away for about a week). Whilst cycling I decided I needed a leak so we stopped off in a side road and I went into the bushes and did the business. Once out a wasp flew past my face, wasn't too bothered until I looked down to find about 10-20 wasps clinging to my jeans (I must have walked through a semi hibernating nest, also thank god I had jeans on). I was absolutley petrified, got stung about 6-7 times around the ankles, couple of times on the knees and despite having rubber bands round the bottom of my jeans (to stop them catching in the chain) one still managed to get INSIDE my trousers and I had to drop my trousers to get it out. To cap it all we had a five mile ride to the nearest town where we got get some bite/sting cream. It's taken me years to get over it and I still have a phobia about the little sods (evil spawn they are).
  15. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

cant say ive been stung by a wasp or a bee...

16. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Well you've jinxed it now!!!
  17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I've never really had a problem with wasps or bees... usually if they sting me I just track them down and slaughter them, however I was once stung by a dead wasp which kind of ruined that idea...
  18. sugarandspice

Ooooh nasty!- if it makes you feel any better tho you seem to be holdig the "most stung" record so far :D :D
  19. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

if you're near a bees nest, a bee sting is far more dangerous as they sting you, and leave the sting in, which then kills the bee, but the sting keeps releasing toxins into you, and the end facing outwards releases chemicals into the air that other bees from the same hive lock on to and then sting you.

Wasps however just sting if they fancy it. (< may not be entirely true)

My story isn't as bad as others, but I used to hit wasps to kill them if there were a few about, hitting them from the top means you can't sting yourself, or so I thought. i hit a wasp straight into my thigh just above my knee. I put my butty down and used the ammonnia stick. Feeling good mostly. Picked my butty up again and took a bite. Ouch, a sting right on my lip. It was quite painful as the ammonnia stick really stings.
  20. groovy

groovy Active Member

Aaah these stories sound yukky :(
    Mine is tame. I was at a painful party with the rellies (don't ask), finally I was leaving to go to band and a wasp just flew up and stung my thumb. i think it got trapped as I was carrying a plate and it was buzzing around under it.