Out with the old in with the new or not? part 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by alks, Jan 11, 2006.

1. alks

alks Member

A year ago asked the same question, but ive never really been totally happy with our bands website. So ive spent this week redoing it again. But im still not sure if ive got it right. So here is the proposed 'new' site and a link to the current one to compare them. Im totally knackered as ive been at it for the last week solid on the screen!!. Its not fully complete but any suggestions would be great as i have a few days left to work on it if needed.

Proposed Site http://www.members.aol.com/dawnfrewin/marshfield3/index.html

Current site www.marshfieldband.co.uk

2. HBB

HBB Active Member

I like the new one, although I'd possibly change the colour scheme a bit!
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Could you be more specific Ben? You know the saying "give me solutions, not problems". ;)
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Ok, ok, ok!

I personally would just change the background colour from that rather hard to read turquoise to a cream or off white, and then I think the site would look, to quote your daughter! "aammaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!"
  5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Like the new one a lot. Looks cleaner, more professional. Good Job!
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

because as you know, not only are tenor hornists prettier than tuba players, their instruments are too! :p
  7. rutty

rutty Active Member

The colour looks fine to me.

I really like the new one. Most sites these days tend to fit the "box" format but yours is lovely and curvy! It's nice to see someone making the effort to do something different - bravo!

I know you haven't finished it but you still need to update the page titles and some of the page widths seem to vary a few pixels when you navigate around a bit.

It won't be to everyone's tastes with those colours but stick with it. :)
  8. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I like the border bit on the new one. Its cool.
  9. alks

alks Member

Thanks all for your replys!

I know the colour scheme uses a light blue colour and im torn between using plane white , but i tried it and the site looked boring so i left it blue. So perhaps if i put the text in boxes with a different colour background it may solve it? ! luckily i used css so you can do all sorts of exiting things with the text. Ill do some more work on it tommorow and then see what it looks like.
    I did try to keep the site differemt to the 'normal' corporate look. Maybe ill even get nominated for website of the month one day? stranger things have happened.
    From your comments it seams that the new site is better so i think ill go with it.
    Oh on the original site i had a band flash animation on 'what' page should i scrap it or put it on the new site somewhere?

Again many thanks!

10. HBB

HBB Active Member

The animation's really cool! :D I'd keep it, but where to put it could be an interesting dilemma!
  11. alks

alks Member

Well ive made some ajustments today, ive changed the text from a dark grey to black!..this makes it easier to read even with a light blue background!! (i hope?)

Ive made the headings clearer and also added some graphics to the heading.

Now just one problem........where did i put that password so that i can forward the marshfield domain name from the old site to the new site?....huh.

Still more to do in the future but i think its ok for now.

Soon to be marshfieldband.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2006