Our trip to Boston...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by vonny, Sep 14, 2005.

1. vonny

vonny Member

Myself and my daughter Keely are visting Boston on the 17th November and will be staying for 5 days. I was wondering if there are any tmp members who are currently in or around Boston We are staying about 3 miles away from the city centre, and i think it's about 5 miles away from Boston Logan INTL Airport where we will be staying. I wanted to know really if there are any land marks, places of interest, resturants, bars etc were you would recommend we should visit. I have never visited the USA before, so i am unfamiliar with most things about it, all i know is what i have read
    I do know that hats and scarves will be needed :biggrin:

Yvonne x
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I don't think you'll find any Boston tMPers on here...yet (perhaps you can do something about that ;))

The main brass band in the area is the New England Brass Band ( http://www.newenglandbrassband.org )

The rehearse in Wilmington, north of Boston, but I believe it is still on the 'T'
  3. vonny

vonny Member

Thank you for that info :biggrin:
    I am at the moment searching for places to go etc, and it's a bit confusing all this american lingo... you know, go down the freeway, past so many blocks and all that ;) .. I might just have to prop up the nearest bar and drink wine :rolleyes:

Yvonne x