Oskar Bohme

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by craigyboy1, May 27, 2003.

1. craigyboy1

craigyboy1 Member

I am looking for the Oskar Bohme Trumpet Concerto op.18 with brass band accompaniment. Any ideas where I can buy it? I have heard it played with band on a recording many years ago but I can't remember by who.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Oskar Bohme Trumpet Concerto
    band
    Oskar Bohme
    ideas
    brass band accompaniment
  3. Highams

Highams Member

It was on a Yorkshire Imps LP, and with any luck, you may still be able to get a copy from someone on this forum.

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk

4. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

craigyboy1

I think this is what you are looking for: -

1st. Movement Trumpet Concerto in F Minor (Boeme arr. Walker) on Decca Sounds Of Brass Vol. 6 serial SB306. Graham Walker apart from being the Yorkshire Imperial Metals principal cornet was Champion Soloist of Great Britain in 1971/1972.

The LP record is available from my website as follows: - www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/quinn.htm The price is £9.50 including postage and packing.

KEITH@quinnk37.freeserve.co.uk

5. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

Craigyboy1

On reflection this is the LP I would recommend - Jim Shepherd, Solo Brass No. 1 - My Ref: SC1 on the following website: -

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/quinn.htm

It is Concerto In F Major Op. 18 Oskar Bohme Arr. Rev. con Franz Herbst and contains all three movements.

This record contains 7 solos in total, and is now quite rare. However, the LP is with piano accompaniment.

KEITH@quinnk.freeserve.co.uk