Oskar Bohme

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by craigyboy1, May 27, 2003.

1. craigyboy1

craigyboy1 Member

I am looking for the Oskar Bohme Trumpet Concerto op.18 with brass band accompaniment. Any ideas where I can buy it? I have heard it played with band on a recording many years ago but I can't remember by who.

2. Highams

Highams Member

It was on a Yorkshire Imps LP, and with any luck, you may still be able to get a copy from someone on this forum.

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk

3. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

craigyboy1

I think this is what you are looking for: -

1st. Movement Trumpet Concerto in F Minor (Boeme arr. Walker) on Decca Sounds Of Brass Vol. 6 serial SB306. Graham Walker apart from being the Yorkshire Imperial Metals principal cornet was Champion Soloist of Great Britain in 1971/1972.

The LP record is available from my website as follows: - www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/quinn.htm The price is £9.50 including postage and packing.

KEITH@quinnk37.freeserve.co.uk

4. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

Craigyboy1

On reflection this is the LP I would recommend - Jim Shepherd, Solo Brass No. 1 - My Ref: SC1 on the following website: -

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/quinn.htm

It is Concerto In F Major Op. 18 Oskar Bohme Arr. Rev. con Franz Herbst and contains all three movements.

This record contains 7 solos in total, and is now quite rare. However, the LP is with piano accompaniment.

KEITH@quinnk.freeserve.co.uk