'orrible nightmares!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, Jul 26, 2004.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

Seeing the ad on the TV for a certain fizzy "spritely"lemonade drink reminds of a nightmare I used to have.
    If my wardrobe door was left open when I went to bed I always seemed to dream about GOBLINS streaming out of the door and chasing me...............arghhhhhhhhhhhh!! HOBGOBLINS GONNA GET YOU!
    Now I could put this down to too much night-time "medication" (certainly not involving afore mentioned pop! ), or I could just accept that basically I am bonkers ...
    Any other weird nightmares out there??
    Any psychologists........ :?
  2. You crazy :lol:

I didnt have those nightmares but after your lovely description i'm sure i will now. :shock:
  3. ju33les

ju33les Member

Well if you do Kate you have to wait until the policeman out of Noddy sits on the end of your bed and tells you the coast is clear..........
    OH-OH......... :oops:
    Too much info!
    Get the nurse quick!
  4. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I haven't had a nightmare for ages!!

I did have a very lovely dream last night though - I woke up all happy! :D :D
  5. ju33les

ju33les Member

details please lizc............. :D
  6. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

they aint really nightmares but i'm losin a lot of sleep over me dreams.
    i work at a local theme park, operating rides, and to let people o and off you have to unlock a gate every time (coz if you leave em unlocked someone could barge on and hurt themselves and others) and i've been dreaming that i've lost my gate key and i have to look for it. but i wake up whilst i'm actually looking round my room.....

its freakin me out and means i never get back to sleep after. i'm lucky to get 5 hours a night. its driving me mad! :cry: :cry: :cry:
  7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Ooh, serious job-related responsibility issues! :shock: Go to sleep holding a large key and tell your brain it's the gate key and you've got it and you can't possibly lose it! :lol: :lol:
  8. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i lost it a long time ago BMB :roll: :wink:

seriously though, it mite work... i'll let you know tomorrow!
  9. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I used to have seriously scary ightmares about my clothes coming to life when they were hung on a chair. I found the best solution was to leave them lying on the floor. Never had that nightmare since :)
  10. Thats actually a good excuse to use when my clothes are on the floor! :D
  11. mikelyons

I know! That's what friends are for :)
  12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

I used to have a recurring one where one of our cows was charging at me, and another v scary for some strange reason where lots of little twig men are running round the woods and then there's a huge machine with a big red eye/ball which says "it's you" like the national lottery finger!

:oops: v strange! :oops:

it used to be i was driving along a road and then realised i didnt know how to drive, then it became i realised i didnt have l-plates on and now i havent had it since i passed! :D 8)
  13. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Argh! After reading this thread I won't sleep for a week!

I have no idea why but I'm easily scared. It's not nightmares, it's the part where you're lying in bed waiting for sleep to come and your brain starts to tell you there's someone outside the window watching, or that there's a giant spider going to come and get you or something... :?
  14. mikelyons

One of my worst recurring ones is that I've got to conduct the band at a big concert and compere. I hate compereing, but I can't find my baton and end up waving a rubber snake at the band who just roll about laughing at me.

15. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Here is what I found last night on my way up to bed.... I put the bottle of bleach beside it (as close as I'd go) to get a sense of scale in the picture. Needless to say my heart stopped when I saw it and I didn't sleep for a long time (and the light was on all night again). :oops:

Warning - Scary spider img

Edit - Kepps - Have linked the image to cater for some of our more arachnophobic members - You've all been warned....
  16. ju33les

ju33les Member

it's ginormous!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing I meant to mention is that I don't like going upstairs at night when it's all dark downstairs, and the monsters can see you....thank God I now live in a flat!!!
  17. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Aw flugelgal, that's horrible!!! Here have a *hug*. I hope you got some big strong bloke to sort it out!
  18. groovy

groovy Active Member

Monstrous spiders like that should NOT be in Scotland! Aaaaaah!!!!!!!
    As for my nightmare, my most recent was in Estonia where i dreamed I was in a car and it started rolling away backwards and I didn't know what to do! So i pulled the handbrake, but I wasn't sure if that was right so nothing happened and I kept rolling - it was scary cos I had that out of control panic. But the next day someone assured me if I pulled the handbrake i would be fine and I didn't have the dream again.
  19. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Thank you very much, TuTuKu. I'm afraid the only blokes that live in my house are my two nine month old kittens and I didn't let them go near it in case they got hurt :wink: . Don't worry, it has been dispatched by a back issue of PC Format (which is now in the bin), although I'm still scared that it has some big brothers which come and get me now. :?
  20. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I think word is going to get out that we're a tropical country, despite all our efforts to make everyone believe we are freezing cold and wet all the time so that they leave us alone... :wink: