Organising Tour

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Kofi, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Kofi

Kofi Member

Hi folks, not sure if this is the right forum but happy to be shifted by mods if necessary!

I am organising our summer tour 2011, and there is a good chance we will be based for part of it in Trier, Germany. This town makes driving over the borders to Luxembourg, France and Belgium entirely possible so I'm now looking to make contact with towns in the border areas of these countries.

It's a very long shot, but do any of you TMP folks live near there, have contacts, or know of any music groups who I could contact?

It might sound daft asking on this site, but the last time I did it came up trumps and we had a brilliant night with a band in Holland.

Here's hoping.

PS Good luck everyone for the regionals. Hope you all enjoy the experience as much as I plan to (first time conducting a test piece!)...

2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I don 't know about brass bands (I know of one brass band in Luxembourg, from Esch-sur-Alzette), But there should be a lot of village winds bands (or "Musikverein") in that are. Google for "Musikverein Trier" I found two links: and Perhaps they are interested in an exchange, or refer you to other bands or organisations in the area
    (The sites are in German, but under "Kontakt" or "Kontakte" you can find their contact details ;) )
    The local band association also has a website: