Opinions on this piece please [non-brass]...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, May 27, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey All

I have been wanting to work with a vocalist for many years and recently discovered that someone who works for a client of mine is an amateur singer - and a very, very good one at that too!

So, please let me know what you think of this hybrid track - it wasn't composed as a vocal, nor are the vocals overpowering - in fact they are meant to sit subtly just under the top of the mix... watcha think...?

Lazy - with Vocals
  2. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Do you want a critique of the piece in general, or just the vocalist? If the vocalist only, it is a bit hard to say much as the vocals were as you say more background, but also the piece doesn't give chance to judge the singers range, however a nice pleasant voice but nothing really stands out about her, in my opinion.
    As far as the piece in general, it has a modern feel with the "trumpet" lead echoing in the foreground. A sort of general background type of music to me that wouldn't be out of place while doing other work, but nothing there that really stands out and kicks me hard enough to make me say "WOW"
    No doubt others will say different and that is fair enough, it is only my opinion, humble as that may be.