Opinions on Culture

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by COOL CORNET CAVE, Apr 4, 2011.

1. COOL CORNET CAVE

COOL CORNET CAVE New Member

Hi all, You might have seen previously my thread when i was doing some research for a piece of college c/w and now i have received it back i need to get a few peoples opinion (quotes and sources) . I have a few questions and if you could take time to answer them I would really appreciate it
    p.s also I wanted to know why the radio 2 program 'listen to the band' was moved to 10:30 on Thursday (low viewing figures i guess??)

What cultural class do you think , brass bands fit into and how? (eg. high culture, popular culture)

How do you think brass bands fit into society today and why?

Do you think as brass bands are now more focused on competing in competitions this is making concerts less important to bands. In which there is less exposure to the public.

Feel free to express any other opinions linked to brass bands and culture. :tup

2. HornBlast

HornBlast New Member

There are a few issues with this post!! Do you want to do a survey or do you want us to complete your coursework?!!

How do you think brass bands fit into society today and why?

If you PM me I'll gladly give you my thoughts.
    Crikey...I could write about 5000 words on this alone without breaking sweat!!

3. COOL CORNET CAVE

COOL CORNET CAVE New Member

Haha, iv done the bulk of the essay but need sources. I need more peoples thoughts and knowledge. Basically inspiration on my last chunk!