"Open" tickets?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Di, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Does anyone have any spare, unwanted tickets (2) for the open? We've finally made up our minds to go but there's only tickets riiiiiiiight up at the top top level left.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    tickets
    level
    left
    Open
  3. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

See you up there then. Got mine this morning. The run up all those stairs when the doors open keeps you very fit!

D

4. Di

Di Active Member

I'll need a medic by the time I get up there! :redface:

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Nice to see you're as organised this year as well Dinie!

Got my tickets the other day - right at the very front! Ah well, easy enough to come and go from there eh! Plus I like the 'no stairs' thing! ;)

6. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

If you're sat right at the top you'll get an even better view of me doing some very spectacular tripping over and whip juggling!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Rach x

7. Di

Di Active Member

Well we've ummed and aaahhed over for ages and decided, yea, we'll go again. :biggrin:

8. Di

Di Active Member

Doh! Its gone up to 3 tickets now. Vicki's mate needs one too. Better book us some up in the loft!

9. madsaz

madsaz Member

I am amazed that people want to come and listen - but then none of you have heard the test piece yet! I think it would be a long day if you plan to listen to all the bands.

I can't part with my tickets though - will have to listen to one or two & the bloke has to come and cheer us wether he likes it or not. The overwhelming likelihood is that he really will not like it.;)

10. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

I am sure that the piece will be enjoyed by the majority of the watching audience. Plenty of big soloists, 'tear jerker' solos for horn, flugel and cornet.......would not want to be a sop or euph player. Exciting fast music at times, bit of comedy...isn't this what the contest audience wants?!

The top level is a good place to sit sound and visual wise. Thee aucoustic in the hall is great and it's not like being at the top of the RAH! My advice, book the tickets in the top level!

11. we will be there from frickley listning.see u all in bar.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    tickets
    level
    left
    Open
  13. Heppy

Heppy Member

ive got two tickets available that are brilliant. They are the £17.50p each ones. up to you!

14. impycornet

impycornet Member

What's wrong with the testpiece ? I think it is an excellent piece, good to listen to & a challenge to the bands ?

But that's just my opinion.

ps It shouldn't be that long a day. The piece is c 14.5 mins so 18 bands give or take some tempo flexibilty should mean the playing is over in about 5 hours ? The Shedbuilders may take a while setting up but I wouldn't think it should add on too much time ? Isn't there a set layout for this one with it being written for 4 parts ?

15. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks for the offer. As my requirement went up to 3 late last night, I phoned in this morning and booked some. Will be sitting in row E in the top tier. :cool:

16. MickM

MickM Member

You must be really dragging it out, ours is only 9.2 mins ;)

You're right though Rob, excellent piece!

See you sat.

17. impycornet

impycornet Member

True,

But we are playing it without the Cut !!!

See you in the bar :guiness :guiness

18. dyl

dyl Active Member

As Di has managed to sort herself out with some tickets, and to prevent us having two discussions on the Open and it's test-piece, I'll lock this one.

Click here for the British Open discussion thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.