Open Rehearsals over the summer holiday season - all welcome!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by winterman, Jun 8, 2009.

1. winterman

winterman Member

Are your band having a summer break? Back from University for the summer? On holiday in Yorkshire? Simply fancy an extra blow?

Come and join us for a night, no questions asked, no pressure to join!

Many bands suffer from a lack of players due to holidays over the summer and many even have a complete break for a few weeks due to lack of players.

At Drighlington (Yorkshire 1st Section, Championship in 2010) we have decided to not let this get us down and are openly inviting any players who are looking for something to fill their time on these summer evenings to come down for a blow/listen and/or have a casual drink with us afterwards.

This is not a recruitment drive, simply a chance for you to come down and have some fun with us and boost our numbers over the summer. Everyone is welcome whether you are young, old or not sure, 4th Section, retired or in the lofty heights of the top brass! We promise no one will try and persuade you into joining full time or too turn up more than you want (unless of course you want them too, just give us a wink), it is on a totally casual basis :D

Some instruments (especially the larger beasts) can even be provided so you won't have to lug them around (we'll even clean them every time so no one gets any lurgies), let us know in advance if you need one (you may want to bring your own mouthpiece though).

We practice on Monday and Thursday nights between 7.45pm and 9.45pm at our own bandroom in the village of Drighlington, less than 2 minutes from J27 of the M62 and 5 minutes from J26 with the likes of Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Harrogate and other major places within easy reach.

If you fancy it, drop us a line at

justforanight@drighlingtonband.co.uk

2. Di B

Di B Member

Might be worth a trip up north for the beer chuck! If my band cancels a rehearsal I will come up cos we rehearse on same nights.

As ever, if you need a dep on jobs gis a shout (but not *my favourite* ok?!)

3. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Or if you are coming to the South West, Bude Metric Brass will give you a warm welcome!

www.budemetricbrass.co.uk

alanl58