Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Naomi McFadyen, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

...and learn a lesson here.... good job no1 was hurt.

and the army can now use SURE instead of bombs ;) :lol:
  2. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

We have just come home from a weekend away. We left our son at home, what we came home to was nothing when you read that!! perhaps I'll forgive him after all !!
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Crikey Naomi... well spotted. You may have these sort of things to deal with in time mind you...;)
  4. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

We're going away for the weekend at the end of this month, and my son, who will be 16yrs old by then, is trying to persuade me to allow him to stay at home. After reading about this, there is definitely no way is he staying at home alone! :eek:
  5. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Ha Ha - a similar thing with the aerosol happened to one of my work colleagues and her partner. They had been decorating in the front room and later gone to bed leaving a blowlamp several feet away from the dying embers of an open fire. They woke up in the middle of the morning and said 'Hey its a bit cold in here insn't it'. They then heard some shuffling downstairs. They tentively went downstairs to investigate and were met by a policeman at the bottom of the stairs shining a torch in their faces. 'What's going on' they said. 'Your house has just blown up' said the policeman who proceeded to show them there front room that had no windows and the stone, supporing window column and lintel almost blown out.
    They'd actually slept though the explosion !
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

This is one of my nightmares at the mo, Deb is forever putting things down on the glass hob, and I'm forever moving them off and having a go at her for it for this very reason!!!
    Thanks Naomi, this is one I'm gonna print out for her to read!!
  7. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

I really feel sorry for him though. After all he was only trying to help and do something useful. Poor lad.
  8. gawber

gawber Active Member

It was on the news this morning. I think he is blaming one of the family's dogs for swithching on the hob! Anyway, they cannot move back into the house till SEPTEMBER!
  9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:lol: Yea I'll try not to forget about this one in 18 years time :p
  10. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

OMG!! and I wonder if they had insurance to cover the damage???
  11. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

What a stupid aerosol! ;)
  12. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Hahaha danger dave!
  13. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Only in Norfolk!!!