ooOOO Happy Birthdays

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by flugelgal, Sep 8, 2004.

1. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Happy birthday to manx_yessir and Gaz Wynne!

Cool feature John!

(Sooooooooo glad I didn't fill in my own :-D )

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I'm sure we can find out when your birthday is Flugalgal ;-) :p and then announce it in a separate thread.... just for you... in big letters and a huge number or 3 :-D

/me hides

;)

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

I would! She's a great shot at the hammer. :)

4. asteria

asteria Member

Happy Birthday Gaz

Yeah happy birthday Gaz! :)

Don't think Gaz'll mind people knowing he's 24 (he's still a young spring chicken!) but I suspect some people might get a little offended that everyone gets told their age!!

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

It is up to each user whether he or she makes this information available to everyone. From the User Control Panel:

"If you enter your birth date using the controls provided here, other forum visitors will be able to see your birthday on the forum calendar and in your profile. Adding your year of birth is optional."

So I don't see there being a problem! :cool:

6. Naomi McFadyen

Unless someone "spills the beans"... as it were ;-)

7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

*makes a note to try and find every bean that's anywhere near Naomi so that she has none to spill...*

8. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

I can't see the calendar. All I get is

:( What am I doing/have I done wrong?!?​

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Stephen... you enter the details about your birth date in your User Control Panel. Just enter it in there, and when it is your birthday, you will receive a greeting and will be displayed in the list.

HelenV: There's no problem here re annoying anyone, as the choice to the brithday being divulged is entirely up to to the individual - nobody else can do this.

10. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Thanks very much! Yep, is a cracking feature - was a nice suprise to see my name up in lights!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Birthdays
    John!
    :-D
    Gaz Wynne
    Sooooooooo
  12. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

The birthdays have disappeared again, it seems...

13. Naomi McFadyen

... maybe no1 has a birthday today... or wanted anyone to know it was there birthday today ;-)

:-D

14. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Yep, it seems you were right.
    I had expected there would be something like "Todays birthdays: none" or just some empty space on the portal-page. But instead, all references to the birthdays disappeared...