Oom-pah/October Fest Music for brass quartet/quintet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by JDH, Sep 16, 2012.

1. JDH

JDH Member

A group that I play with has been offered an October Fest type gig, but we don't have enough suitable music. Can anyone recommend where I might buy such oom-pah music for brass quintet/quartet?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Oom-pah
    October Fest Music
    brass quartet
    brass quintet
    oom-pah music
  3. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Muss i denn... available here.

4. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

There are three Switzerland based publishers who must have something of use in their catalogues: Marc Reift, Obrasso and mf Music. Marc Reift in particular has a very large catalogue.

5. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

I have three volumes of German "Beer-Garden" Style music which I would be prepared to lend, however the scoring is for 2 Clarinets, Trumpet, Trombone & Tuba (both Trom and Tuba are Bass Clef). May be of no use to you, but feel free to PM me if you want. (and, no, you can't get away with playing the clarinet parts on Trumpets/Cornets - I've tried! They are ridiculously high clarinet parts, and require competent players ... )

6. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

A few more "Oompah" quintets available from www.pdfbrass.com but not yet on the website. All fairly straightforward and written for Brass (Orchestral and Brass Band parts included).
    Email me if you are interested andy@pdfbrass.com

7. Mode For....

Mode For.... Member

Mode for... publishes a collection of 7 Bavarian pieces for both full band and quintet. The quintet is multi-part so you can adapt as you need to. email us at info@modefor.co.uk if you'd like more info!