OOh Its a bit windy in in here!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by alks, Jul 18, 2005.

1. alks

alks Member

Ok , strange one this.......but what should you do when your suffering from a bad case of the farts/wind etc during band rehersal, or indeed during a concert or even worse a contest!!!!!!!!!.

Now during rehersals you can just say sorry! and take numerous trips out of the bandroom! this really annoys people but what can you do?

BUT you cant do that during a perfomance! and such a condition could really ruin it if you've got it real bad!!. The other week i had a nightmare case of it during rehersal (after a huge curry ther night before), but then i thought "this would be awful during a concert!" And in a Contest you could really ruin everyones perfomance!!!!!!.....

Should you just sit out the concert? or carry on regardless?

Has anyone suffered this to a real bad extent before? Im talking the really smelly smelly ones that linger for hours and you keep on repeating?

???what can you do ??/ should you do???

Alks

2. Di

Di Active Member

I think you've answered you're own question really. You say you had a stinky the curry the night before. If you know you're gonna be at band or an engagement, avoid the type of foods you know will trigger it off.

3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

blame the person next to you.:tup

Elin is terrible sometimes!!!!:wink:

4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

In our bandhall its unusual if you don't fart. In fact it could even be considered rude. :)

Reminds me of the old Scots saying "Where'er ye be let yir wind blaw free." :)

5. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Just apologise for the bum notes :biggrin: :biggrin: :clap: :clap:

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

We used to have a Euph player who would actively try to stop rehearsals with his "windy" passages ;) . Due to an childhood accident he had little sense of smell, so he could continue merrily on whilst all around him choked and gagged.

...apart from that he was a really nice bloke....:biggrin:

Anyway if it does worry you, then I would stay off the currys the night before a concert / contest. Or blame a bass player....:rolleyes:

7. schilke

schilke New Member

OOh its a bit windy in here !

For gods sake don't belch on a contest stage whilst playing it will make you play just over a semitone flat and you may spoil yourbands great performance Honestly.

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

No comment, cos I never do em. :biggrin:

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

And you don't live in the same house as her!!

If you're having the kind of wind that makes you burp....don't eat garlic, playing and garlc together intensifies the flavour and comes out of your instrumnet!

10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

*grumbles*
    I wish I played an instrumnet, they sound interesting! :wink:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Its
    OOh
    case
    rehersal
    trips
  12. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Why bother? Everyone will assume it's the basses anyway...;) I include the bass trombone in that comment.
    BMB
    xx

13. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

How very true. It normally is anyway.

14. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

[​IMG]

15. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Just let it go!

As I was once told by a science teacher, "wherever you may be, let the wind blow free!"

My mate on 1st bari at ellington couldn't give a monkeys and just lets it happen...funny as hell like, did the Royal Show a few years ago and his fart actually managed to cover the entire stage...I played the longest prhase without breathing ever that day.

16. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Simple really,

Join a wind band!

:)

Still, if your band doesn't mind the odd rectal retort, you could put on a concert celebrating the fact.

'Trump'et Voluntary

Silent but Violent Night (should this be a Christmas concert)

Blow The Wind Southerly

Fartasia on British Sea Songs

I Left My Fart in San Francisco

Pootenanny

I mean, I could go on, but it would start to get a bit long winded, you know.....

:)