One2One

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by WhatSharp?, Jun 20, 2003.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

If you could have a one-to-one with anyone alive or not in the banding world, who would it be?

Personally I'd have a one to one with Peter Roberts just to find out what keeps him at the top.

2. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Frank Bernaerts, Edrich Siebert, Jimmy Lally - so I could discover the formula for turning out lots of annoying arrangements and make squillions of pounds (maniacal laugh!).

3. DaveK

DaveK New Member

Would have to be Eric Ball, anyone who ever met him say that there was something about the man that differentiated him from others.

4. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Well this is where I show my poor knowledge of the banding world, I'm sure that there are many more great people than this but I would like to meet with Anon (the author of many hymn tunes) and ask then why they never placed their name to the tune.

5. rutty

rutty Active Member

I'd be having a word with Henry the 8th and asking him why the hell he made the solo cornet part for "Pastimes with Good Company" so bleeding high. The git 8)

6. onedrummeruk

onedrummeruk Member

Well with me being a drummer it would have to be Buddy Rich - the Puppies Plums as far as drumming is concerned.

7. greatcheese

greatcheese Member

Gordon Langford. To find out how he manages to modulate so many times in one piece of music! Also to tell him off for always giving the best bits to the trombones!!

I'd love to know how he manages to merge the most unlikely tunes together and get away with it where so many others have failed.

8. LU-Brasser

LU-Brasser Member

I had a lession with Peter Roberts 3 weeks ago. I asked him, how he keep at the top, how he train... He said, he does not anything special...nothing... unbelivable...

9. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Pass that bucket... :cry:

And he always seems so nice about it too!

never mind, I never wanted to be a supestar anyway :wink:

I guess it just goes to prove that if you've got it you've got it, the rest of us mere mortals will just have to try and keep up!

:D

10. LU-Brasser

LU-Brasser Member

That's life... :wink:
    But what's your own methode to train the high register?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    One2One
    Peter Roberts
    banding world
  12. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Peter Graham because I really like his music and Wilfred Heaton as his music is inspirational in my humble opinion

13. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Prayer :D

14. blondie

blondie Member

As som of you have said you would like to meet either composers/arr's or top level players and mine would definately have to be a trombone player.
    For me it would have to be Christian Lindberg or Brett Baker. The latter teaches a friend of mine and he said that i should go and try a lesson or two with him as he said he's really down to earth and gives you loads of tips, on things that you wouldn't even consider. So who knows I might do so if and when I get time.

15. LU-Brasser

LU-Brasser Member

That's another way... :lol: