One Song To The Tune Of Another

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cornetgirl, Oct 31, 2003.

1. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

It's obvious that there are some highly intelligent people on this forum who are huge fans of the mighty I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, myself among them. As Mornington Crescent is already underway, here goes with another game....

For the innocent Clue virgins, the clue's in the title! Feel free to mention personal faves from the broadcasts as well as some new ones!

I'll start with Bridge Over Troubled Water sung to the tune of Postman Pat - sheer class!

Something tells me we'll need a separate Clue forum on tMP before long!

Rach x
  2. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

damn you rachel! just got in from work, and have spent the last 10 minutes trying to do it, which is allways a problem when you only know half the words to bridge over troubled water!
  3. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

How about "Oh, My Darling Clementine" to "Blessed Thy Great Redeemer"?
  4. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

As I said in the Mornington Crescent thread:-
    the words to Meatloaf's Like a Bat out of Hell to the tune of Postman Pat
  5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Humpty Dumpty to the tune of I Got Rhythm

I Can't Get No Satisfaction to the main theme of Eric Coates' Dambusters March
  6. andyp

andyp Active Member

One or two I'd like to hear attempted:

Smells Like 'Teen Spirit' (Nirvana) to the tune of Annie's Song (John Denver)

Wait and Bleed (Slipknot) to the tune of Calon Lan (traditional Welsh hymn)

The Wheels On The Bus (nursery rhyme) to the tune of The Ace Of Spades (Motorhead)

and my personal favourite; Oh What A Beautiful Morning to the tune of Isolde's death aria from Wagner's 'Tristan and Isolde'

BTW, ISIHAC is on BBC Radio 7 (digital/internet only) at 7pm tonight (and other nights too); repeat of 12 midday.
  7. timbloke

timbloke Member

it was suggested last night at rehearsal that we play coventry variations at a christmas carol concert... i'd love to hear anyone attempt to sing anything to that!! :twisted:
  8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

:lol: v gd! 8)

and timbloke - that cud b interesting! "lulla lulla...." arrrrgh! :roll: :evil: :wink: :)
  9. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Another great one from ISIHAC 8 - just released on double cassette...

Roxanne to the tune of Tiptoe Thru The Tulips - I've never laughed so much in my life!

Rach x
  10. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Especially for our friends who competed in the Open:

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat to the tune of Jupiter

and for Horn Soloists everywhere:

My Old Man's A Dustman to the tune of Somewhere Over The Rainbow

11. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Lets take this further - how about one piece to the tune of another - Ill start us off... what about Lincolnshire poacher to the tune of Czardas???

12. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Edelweiss to the tune of We All Stand Together by Paul McCartney and the Frog Chorus
  13. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

Is that the original or the eva cassidy version?! :wink: :roll: