One of the funniest moments of my life...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Sep 28, 2005.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Happened last night at the Football!

Danny Schofield had just blasted our 87th minute winner against Tranmere Rovers and Chris (The Cornet King to you lot) jumped up out of his seat to celebrate, but when he came down very quickly realised that hes left foot had gone over the back of the seat in front, and having nothing but fresh air to stand on he flew forward head first in to the footwell of the row in front...with his right leg still stuck in our Isle!!!
    One second he was there...the next, he'd completely vanished!! I wondered where the hell he'd gone!!
    I ended up having to drag him back over by the seat of his jeans and the scruff of his neck!!
    Laugh?!?!? I nearly died!!!! :D :biggrin:

Just thought you'd all like to share in my hilarity.

Anything funny happened to you lately??
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

:oops: Thanks for sharing that one Crawford, i'm still cringing just thinking about it. Bar a sore wrist where i desperately had to stop myself rolling further down the Panasonic Stand i think i escaped with everything in tact! Though god knows what the person sat right in front of us thought!

I must remember to calm my goal celebrations down somewhat!! :clap:

But all that mattered is the mighty terriers won and we're still joint top! :biggrin:
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . and Southend are only kept from the top of the First Division on goal difference - another 4 goals last night :clap:
  5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Sunday - last game of the season, an early start of midday with the nights drawing in.

Starting so early brought an unusual problem - the sun was low in the sky and streamed almost horizontally over the roofs of the housing estate.

It was Ok for the batsemn wearing caps, but for the poor bowler from the pavilion end who induced the batsman to play too early and pop up a simple caught and bowled....

The ball dollied up, the bowler went for it only to be completely blinded by the sun, cover his head with his hands for protection and was hit on the toe by the ball.

The team (and the batsman) fell about laughing at the bowler.

And that folks, is why I got 86 wickets this year, and not 87...... :oops:
  6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Lovely, dainty, feminine friend trying to walk along the side of a narrowboat and collapsing magnificently into the canal because she'd just put hand-cream on and couldn't grasp the rail...
  7. Di

Di Active Member

[Angry mothers voice]
    OMG :eek:

How can you be so callous? He loyally, if somewhat stupidly and sometimes drunkenly stood by you through thick and thin in Court and all you can do when he's down is laugh at him?? Then drag him around by the neck!! How much cruelty can a make take? [/angry mothers voice]

[best motherly voice]
    Chris, dear, I hope you are feeling OK my pet. [/end best motherly voice]
  8. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

Oh dear....she's creeping....wonder what she wants! :tongue:
  9. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

oooooh hehehehe thats good that is!!

My funny moment was last tuesday at band, we'd just paused mid piece and all of a sudden there were sounds of VERY low flying aircraft above the bandroom!

Me being me said 'oh noooooo we're being invaded by the army!!'

Uncle Stevey corrected me of course 'yeah cos the army fly planes don't they!"

Oh dear :tongue: got my armed forces muddled up a bit!
  10. Di

Di Active Member

Whit Friday has to be right up there ..... "hello Mam" ... oh dear, too difficult to explain, but those who were there will know! :biggrin::biggrin::clap::clap:
  11. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

HAHAHA!!! That was LEGENDARY!!! The whole of whit friday was hilarious!!

Oooh what else has happened?... when alice fell over coming out of the toilet at school, then Ellie tripped over a chair 10 mins later! oh dear! aaand oooh at rutland water when I fell out of my kyak and had this bloke trying to pull me up into the life boat thing by my life jacket, i just flopped, so he gave in and dropped me back into the water, and the whole class was sat there watching me try to scramble into the this boat, my bum stuck up in the air and my legs waggling all over the place lol! Ooh that was quite hilarious!! :biggrin::biggrin:
  12. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

So he's never heard of The Army Air Corp then? ;)

and let's not forget the Fleet Air Arm (so's not to upset the Senior Service.)
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Do they not operate helicopters, rather than planes?
  14. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Possibly the funniest thing ive seen was when I was at uni, there were staff strikes on at the time, and the Adelphi Band had a concert on the wednesday and so couldnt cancel rehearsals.

So Aidan Smith And Toby Bannan stood out side the bandroom in flourescent tops with balaclavers on and miners lamps playing Danny Boy holding up signs saying "Adelphi Scabs", "Down With This Sort Of Thing" and "Careful Now".

Made me LMFAO!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  15. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Mostly, but do operate fixed wing aircraft too.
  16. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

ok this one had me and the instructor in stiches for ages.
    while we were on holiday in sunny cornwall this year we spoted that it was national fishing week, and that the local pool was giving free flyfishing lessons. havingnever tried it we thught it mite be a nice afternoon out. so off we went. we were being instructed by the countries top fly fishermen/women
    1st came the al important saftey instryction then off to the lake we went.
    we were all given instruction on 2 methods of getting the fly out onto the lake. what they didnt do was tell us what to do if we actually hooked something! unfortunaly my wife was the first to hook something. there was a giant splash as the trout leftthe water followed by a scream from karen as she totaly panicked. one of the instructors was with me at the time, looked up and just burst into hystericks, karen was stood there with a look of fear as this HUGE fish was tearing the line off the reel. We thought at one point she was just going to let go of everything and scarper!. well the fish managed toget off much to the relief of karen!.
    ****** me if not 5 minuets later the same thing happened again(after we had beentold what to do if we hooked something) nobody was able to do anything as we were rolling on the floor laughing we were literaly crying as we looked on as poor kaz was just stod there in complete panick!
    spose you ahd to be there really. the instructor did say that hed never forget it!
  17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

There was an incident in our story tent making class this week (yes I'm serious!) involving Pierce Brosnan's head, a metal stick/rod thing, a jacket and a pair of boots resulting in an instant boyfriend for my friend....I laughed so much i thought I'd need a new throat and belly!
    Probably had to be there, but it was very very funny!
  18. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Thanks mumsie :D
    I've just about got over the physical pain but the *sniffle* mental trauma might be here f..f.f..for sometime *breaksdown in tears*

Be warned...dont sit in front of me at the football for fear of being landed on!