One Day - Cornet Solo

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Farmer Giles, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Member

just wondering if this was originally a song ?

if so, does anyone know where i can find the words ?

thanks

2. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Hmm....played it on Radio 2 once....I've a feeling it was introduced as "a new solo from the pen of Goff Richards"....and I reckon it's an 'original' tune,

Could be wrong, though.

3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Definitely an original solo. Oh, I didn't know until now that Neil Finn (Crowded House) had written a song about Goff Richards though! :eek: (... and no, I'm NOT posting a link for the lyrics!). It must be about another guy :oops:

4. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

It is an original work by Goff. I have a recording of it by Russell Gray and Leyland (BNFL at the time) in about 1993/4 I think, so perhaps it was written at about that time?

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Spot on! 1993 release of The Music Of Goff Richards on Polyphonic QPRL 055D. I picked up my copy ages ago for £1.00.

6. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Aye - our soloist on LttB was Andy MacDonald....it'll have been a little later than that though.

7. markyboy

markyboy Member

Goff Richards wrote the piece in memory of Jonathon Ball and Tim Parry , the two teenage boys who who killed in the IRA Warrington bomb in March 1993.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice