Olympics. How much are we watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by fitzy, Aug 20, 2004.

1. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

How much of the Olympics is everyone watching?

I have been up most nights and I'm starting to get pretty tired but I can't help it!

You guys in Europe have it a lot easier!

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Having been off work for a couple of days I've seen more than usual during the day-time but generally I end up just watching the highlights in the evening (about 1 1/2 hours) which unfortunately tends just to concentrate on events with a British interest.

One of the receptionists in work has been staying late to watch the swimming, as she would otherwise be on the way home while the finals are taking place and would miss her fellow-Aussies winning their medals :wink:

3. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Us Aussies always win medals in the swimming! Its always good to watch.................... :wink:

4. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I don't like watching sport so I'm not watching any of the Olympics. I don't watch much TV anyway just now, so maybe I don't count!

5. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Spent 6 hours sat in front of a giant screen in the pub watching yesterday. Thats the longest that ive ever watched sport for (excluding golf and cricket)...... or maybe it was because there was a bar about 6 foot away from me :?

6. jonford

jonford Member

Watched the doubles badmington yesterday, how annoying was that! and that chinese guy who kept stoping the game saying that there was something wrong with the shuttle cock!

I do watch it sometimes, actually most of the day at the moment because im so bored!

7. rutty

rutty Active Member

I'm addicted! I'm listening to the Olympics on radio 5 live right now, while I'm at work (they don't let us have TVs in work) and I'll be putting it on when I get in later this afternoon.

I was heartbroken for Nathan and Gail in the badminton (see, first name terms) and I've watched the swimming and gymnastics with interest, and not with my usual interest either. I was actually enjoying the sport!

I've found that I can get excited at archery, elated at three day eventing and find much entertainment in kayaking.

I still have no idea about the boating though. How do they work all that out?

I may just watch the cricket later. Shame that Freddy is out already mind.

8. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Aye likewise :D Also synchronised diving :shock: I have all the terminology for that and the gymnastics off to a fine art now!!!

Not allowed 5 Live in the office (probably just as well!) but have had it on to and from work. Found it hard to leave the house this morning with the triple jump just starting and Denise Lewis off to a flyer in the Heptathlon.

9. picju96

picju96 Member

Have it on at work, so from 8-12 then about 2/3 hours for the rest of the day. I like the gymnastics!

10. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

I've been watching heaps of the olympics, i luv it when Australia keeps winning lots of medals. Did anyone see the basket ball between Australia and USA last night?? Australia was winning at the start, then they lost :(

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    kind of birds
    women
    Shot
    Deave
    Olympics
  12. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I'm obsessed with it!! Loving it! Possibly cos there isn't anything else on to watch, but it is brilliant, and especailly now the athletics have started!! Get in!!

13. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

It's causing me immense problems. I'm getting repetitive strain injury because of the T.V. remote control changing from Olympics to Cricket and on Saturday and Sunday, Soccer as well. Its also been quite useful that the weather has been so bad that I haven't been able to mow the lawn.

14. jambo

jambo Member

Its great, its even on in the gym and.... at home with sky interactive you can pick the sport you want to watch...class!! :lol:

15. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Its good to see that its not just Aussies who are obsessed with sport! :wink:

16. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I'm just getting back into the swing of things after a shoulder injury so have been on half days the latter end of the week. So I've been glued to the Olympics all the time...how I'll survive working fulltime from next week again is anyone's guess!!! We have a tv in the upstairs waiting room so that may have to go on!

Rach x

17. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

I'm liking the Equestrianism and gymnastics, and swimming when there's british finalists. It's great!!

Just a query... Why, on all the leauge tables does britain come up as "Great Britian and NI" when it would be so much easier to be the United Kingdom??? It baffles me, because we're mainly called the UK now.. so why GB & NI for the Olympics?

18. groovy

groovy Active Member

Love it! Will watch watever is on. The Winter olympics are good too. Scotland's atletes are doing us proud! Gold for cycling, and the sailing wifey as well.

19. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I'm watching every day... well, when I haven't been out anyway!
    Enjoying every minute... very impressive

:)

20. jonford

jonford Member

The only thing that's not impressive is our team! :(

21. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

We usually have it on in the background when we are at home (which has been quite a bit as we have been unpacking and cleaning our new flat). It is fun to see the UK coverage of the games this time around.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    kind of birds
    women
    Shot
    Deave
    Olympics