Old Silkstone Brass Band Opportunities

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by traceybostwick, Sep 25, 2003.

1. traceybostwick

traceybostwick New Member

Tutti Cornet player

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details see most recent posts

Old Silkstone band have a vacancy for a Tutti cornet player which is currently a second section band and has achieved promotion to the 1st section as from January 2004.
    We are a very friendly band and have a CD and continental tour planned for 2004.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2008
  2. Ej

Ej New Member

Old Silkstone Brass Band -

Silkstone Band is based in a village called Silkstone which is 25mins from sheffield, 30mins from Huddersfield and is about 5 mins off junction 37 of the M1. The band is really going from strength to strength and has a great team of players and some excellent players around the stand, as well as a newly refurbished band room!!!

The results of recent speak for themselves, the band is hard workin but also has a great social calendar. There is a continental tour planned for 2004 as well as another Cd!!!

We are currently looking for a tutti cornet to help strengthen the ranks on the cornet section as well as a potential sponsor to help support the band onto the next level.

Anyone is welcome @ the band and it practices Mon. 8-10pm and Weds 7.45 - 9.45pm. After practise its off to the lodge to the bandsroom them for beer, quiz and sum free food!!

If you like the sound of the band or wanna blow get in touch, total confidence if so desired!

EMAIL: eliotdarwin@hotmail.com
    PHONE: 07776-302-496

Cheers Eliot Darwin ( Principal Cornet ).

3. nickwalker

nickwalker New Member

Old Silkstone

Need a loud!! second trom player after the yorkshire areas. A top 4 place ensures promotion to championship section next year (fingers crossed)

4. becks164

becks164 Member

nick are you not playting at the areas??

5. nickwalker

nickwalker New Member

yeah course.. why you ask?

6. becks164

becks164 Member

aww sorry my mistake i thought cause u dint have a trombone but then i realised you have gopt one!!! stupid me jst igniore me im having a blonde moment lol

7. nickwalker

nickwalker New Member

lol its ok dont worry about it. Im having to learn 6+7 pos again didnt realise how lazy i am!!!!!!

8. becks164

becks164 Member

i no how you feel! when i got my strad 36 it felt wierd using a trigger cause id been used to the 6th and 7th position!! lol
    if i was not doing the area all ready i would have said yes to helping you out!! sorry i cant help you out

9. Tracey

Tracey Member

Solo Euph required by Yorkshire Championship Band

Solo Euph and Bass Trombone required by Old Silkstone Band based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, Championship Section.

We have an exciting calender of events coming up including a tour and a last night at the Proms concert at Sheffield City Hall with Brighouse and Rastrick and Huddersfield Choral Society in October.

Travelling expences will be considered

Please PM me or contact me on 01226 202141 or 07852254091 in confidence or Ian Askey on 01226 370888

10. IJK

IJK Member

Championship Section South Yorkshire

Old Silkstone Band

This Championship Band requires some players to fill some seats in the band room.

We are after committed players who want to work with the band for the future and beyond.

The vacancies are

Solo Cornet
    Soprano
    2nd Cornet

Trombone

Eb Bass
    Bb Bass

If you would like to come down for a blow with the band, we practise on Sunday and Thursday evenings.

Contact Ian on 07919553016 for more details

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Old Silkstone Brass Band Opportunities
    Old Silkstone
    Tutti
    Tutti Cornet player
    section band
  12. gawber

gawber Active Member

Great, I now know where my old man is on a Thursday and Sunday evening, he never tells me anything!

13. IJK

IJK Member

Old Silkstone Brass Band

After the Yorkshire Area the band are on the look out for a committed Musical director to take the band forward and work with the bands bandmaster and committee to push the band forward through 2007.

Please send me your CV if you think you are the right person for the job

We also have a few vacancies after the Yorkshire Area, due to work commitments. We can offer the right people a friendly atmosphere and a hard working team. With a full list of concerts and contests in 2007.

We would like to hear from you if you are interested in becoming the bands…….

Solo Euphonium
    Baritone
    Front or back row Cornet

Please contact me if you are interested all applications will be dealt with strict confidence.

14. Tracey

Tracey Member

Old Silkstone Band vacancies

Old Silkstone Band are looking for the following players;-

2nd Euphonium
    2nd Cornet

We are a 1st section Yorkshire area band and have an exciting calendar ahead.

We are in the senior trophy in May
    we are recording a Cd the last weekend in May
    Entering Kippax entertainment contest 1st heat in June
    We also hold our own March and Hymn Tune contest in July.

If you're interested or wish to have more information about the band don't hesitate to contact me on ;-

01226 248539
    Bostwickt@aol.com
    traceybostwick@nhs.net

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment policy

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2008
  15. Tracey

Tracey Member

I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know as we are that we've filled our 2nd Euphonium position.

The position has been filled by Colin McDonald (Mac) who actually moved to Silkstone village around a year ago and lives 2minutes away from the band room.

Old Silkstone Band obviously welcome Mac to the band and are looking forward to him playing with us. :clap: :clap: :clap:

So all we need now to complete the band is a cornet player preferrably a 2nd cornet player but any other positions may be considered.

We are averaging 21 brass players every rehearsal plus 3 percussion.

So get in touch ASAP

Bostwickt@aol.com
    traceybostwick@nhs.net
    01226 248539

16. Tracey

Tracey Member

Old Silkstone Band - cornet player

Due to work commitments Old Silkstone band requires an assistant principle cornet player to complete its quality front row. Well placed for students moving to Sheffield, Huddersfield, Leeds universities being 5 minutes from junction 37, M1.

Well, attended, friendly rehearsals, Monday & Thursday evening at 8pm. Please contact Darren Sunderland on 07785716095 or Ian Askey on 07789438414.