Old Sellers CD sold by Boots

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Tub Thumper, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Tub Thumper

Tub Thumper Member

Does anyone know the exact title/ record label/ reference number of a CD that Sellers did about 15+ years ago (they may still have been the Huddersfield Tecol band (?) then) that was sold by Boots ('Classic Brass Band Collection'?). Was a favourite of mine and had some really good arrangements on it ('Mack & Mabel', 'Toccata', 'Cortege' etc etc) and I lent it to someone ages and it never came back (it was so long ago, I can't remember who I lent it to!).
  2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I'm pretty sure I had this on cassette too, but I'm blowed if I can find it. I'll keep looking out for it though. I'm pretty sure it was Sellers conducted by Philip McCann, if I'm thinking of the same cassette..
  3. Tub Thumper

Tub Thumper Member

Sounds like the right one, Dave!
  4. Debra Smith

Debra Smith New Member

The Classic Brass Band Collection, Sellers College Brass, Phillip McCann, Conifer Records Limited, recorded on 27/28 August 1988. Procession of the Nobles, Czardas, Bolero, Procession to the Minster and many more!

Wow my first post!
  5. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Didn't Eric Morecambe crack a gag about Des O'Connor's records being available on prescription at Boots? I'm sure Seller's weren't in that league.

6. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

........and quite a post it was too, congratulations.
  7. Tub Thumper

Tub Thumper Member

Thanks Debra! Now all I need to do is find a copy! Can anyone recommend a second hand CD shop who do brass band CDs......?
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

What intrigued me about this thread is this ... I know some of the players who played on the recording but what of the others? What has happened to them since their college days?

Soprano Cornet:- Mark Robinson
    Principal Cornet:- Robert Jagger
    Tutti Cornets:- Darren Stott, Julian Warburton, Alex Arkwright, David Shutter
    Repiano Cornet:- Simon Platford
    2nd Cornets:- Carl Howarth, Alison Cunnington
    3rd Cornet:- David Cross

Flugel Horn:- Sara Bentley
    Solo Horn:- Jane Whitehead
    1st Horn:- Sue Richardson
    2nd Horn:- Lynne Carruthers

1st Baritone:- Alison Ward
    2nd Baritone:- David Johnson

Solo Trombone:- Ann Motherby
    2nd Trombone:- Jeff Evason
    Bass Trombone:- Simon Young

Euphoniums:- John Powell, Stuart Butterworth

EEb (& BBb) Basses:- George Button, Thomas Wyss, Simon Wood, Nick Plummer
    Percussion:- Matthew Hodge, Jonathan Hinchcliffe, Peter Earnshaw, Yvette Allart