Old or New Solo's?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by matty1986, Jul 16, 2009.

1. matty1986

matty1986 Member

When your up for a solo, what do you all prefer to play, something old that everyone know's and your familiar with, or something new that not everyone has heard yet?

Just Curious?!?!?! :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    familiar
    Old
  3. Almost always an old one, dictated by the type of group we have. Although I have prepared a Mnozil Brass number for some guest performances I have coming up.

4. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I like a bit of variety. Gets a bit boring if you keep playing the same solo, I'll be playing my 3rd different solo in a month(ish) on Sunday. I don't mind if it's an old classic or a new solo, they can both provide equally a challenge and a good show if they're played well

5. I may have misinterpreted the question. I thought you meant , as in the age of the piece. My answer is not relevant.

6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

What's a solo?

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It's when you pump one out after everyone else has stopped :eek:;):)

8. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

It varies depending on the audience. I personally tend to prefer stuff that, well, anything that's not an air varie, but that's just what's appropriate sometimes. My Captain likes to programme euph solos that are either well-known or very relaxing, so the audience has a sort of break from concentrating and can just let it wash over them.

9. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

solo has to suit the audience - irrespective of the age of the piece.

10. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

The day someone writes a proper BBb Bass solo - it'll be a new one.

Until then - none!