Old or New Solo's?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by matty1986, Jul 16, 2009.

1. matty1986

matty1986 Member

When your up for a solo, what do you all prefer to play, something old that everyone know's and your familiar with, or something new that not everyone has heard yet?

Just Curious?!?!?! :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    familiar
    Old
  3. Independent Silver Band

Independent Silver Band Active Member

Almost always an old one, dictated by the type of group we have. Although I have prepared a Mnozil Brass number for some guest performances I have coming up.

4. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I like a bit of variety. Gets a bit boring if you keep playing the same solo, I'll be playing my 3rd different solo in a month(ish) on Sunday. I don't mind if it's an old classic or a new solo, they can both provide equally a challenge and a good show if they're played well

5. Independent Silver Band

Independent Silver Band Active Member

I may have misinterpreted the question. I thought you meant , as in the age of the piece. My answer is not relevant.

6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

What's a solo?

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It's when you pump one out after everyone else has stopped :eek:;):)

8. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

It varies depending on the audience. I personally tend to prefer stuff that, well, anything that's not an air varie, but that's just what's appropriate sometimes. My Captain likes to programme euph solos that are either well-known or very relaxing, so the audience has a sort of break from concentrating and can just let it wash over them.

9. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

solo has to suit the audience - irrespective of the age of the piece.

10. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

The day someone writes a proper BBb Bass solo - it'll be a new one.

Until then - none!