Old Hall ?Brass Youth ?Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by paulspud, Feb 5, 2015.

1. paulspud

paulspud Member

Old Hall Brass have started a new Youth Band for the new year. Sarah Baxendale, the band's solo horn player, will be the MD, with guidance from John North.

Rehearsals will take place on Thursday evenings from 7.15PM - 8.15PM at our Band Room, and is open to all players (old or young!), either currently playing or wishing to learn. Please contact the band for further details. Come on kids, we'd love to see you!

Speaking of the new venture - the Band's Chairman, John Sudworth, said "The band is pleased at the opportunity to promote and support a youth band, although older learners are welcome, as this hopefully will protect the long term future of both Old Hall Brass and the movement in general. A lot of younger players have moved through the ranks in the recent past and we would like this to continue to happen so that the band continues to progress and strengthen."

About her exciting appointment, the Junior Band's MD, Sarah Baxendale commented " I am very excited by this opportunity. I have lots of ideas and can not wait to get stuck in!

The Senior Band's MD, John North agreed "This is a fantastic project, under the watchful eyes of many experienced players from the senior band - we now have an opportunity to tutor and guide youngsters, not only into fine musicians - but also we will teach them about other important values in banding like camaraderie, team-work and loyalty. I'm sure this will be a great success"
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  2. pedaller

pedaller Member

Congratulations Old Hall. It's good to see a new opportunity for people to get involved in banding on the ground floor. Good luck to you, and I hope you have great success. If my own village band hadn't taught myself and dozens of others, there are many respected bands, and orchestra's who would have vacant chairs !!

Well done, and good luck again.

3. Pemberton_B

Pemberton_B New Member

All the best from everyone at Pem!

You're a great and enthusiastic bunch at Old hall, no doubts you'll get things up and running in no time.