Old Hall Brass Morecambe Weekend with Ian Porthouse

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by mikelyons, Nov 28, 2004.

1. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

This was a superb event, to match or even surpass last years. The band descended on the Strathmore Hotel on Friday night and caused merry havoc in the bar.

On Saturday, we had our whole day masterclass. The guest this year was Ian Porthouse. An amazing man. Ian spent the morning on the Area test piece (Overture - Comedy) and much of the afternoon in developing our breathing, thinking and reading skills - all of which were much needed.

Afterwards, the band enjoyed a fine dinner and a disco, during which even I was dragged on to the dance floor. The minor earthquake that afflicted southern Cumbria at the shock of that event will be nothing when I take my revenge on Ashcroft! :evil:

I met and finally had decent conversation (while we were both sober - it went downhill after that because I kept dozing off) with the elegant, charming and extremely witty sellers_bird who came over to help us out.

The only slight disappointment was missing the 2am kebab. I had gone to bed by then as I have no stamina these days. :)

I'm really looking forward to next year.
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Sounded like a good weekend was had :)
    The kebab may have been the cherry on the cake though ;-) :lol:
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I know, But we can't have everything ;)
  4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:lol: aye.... such as life I spose...

5. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

ooh..stop it..ur making me blush! sersiouly tho, had a great time and if u'll have me i'll be back for next year :)
  6. paulspud

paulspud Member

Hi Anna,

It was a pleasure!. Thanks for helping us out. I'm sure you'll be invited back!!

Paul S

Old Hall Brass