Old Desford Recordings

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Accidental, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Looking to replace my dead tapes from the 87-92 era with CDs/MP3, especially Variations.... anyone got anything I can beg, borrow or buy please?
  2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

you might be able to get Variations CD still from R Smith&Co
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

The Rubbra, Bliss and Sparke works are all great performances on that disc.
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

What memories ... Masque on Continental Brass CD is good as well!
  5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Very true
    a great recording of Belmont Variations probably the best one ever been done over the last few years.
    Will add to this a really nice Baritone solo by ;Carole Crompton"Rutland Water" on this CD
  6. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

I'm after those recordings as well, I think I used to have them on vinyl but can't locate them, please PM if you find a source for it - love Rutland Water too!
  7. Accidental

It was hunting for a recording of Ruland Water that inspired the thread - the couple of tapes I could actually find are just sooooo old and tired!

Thanks to tMP I've managed to source updates for Continental Brass, Making Tracks and Variations, so thanks for the help :clap: :)
  8. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Alas, as far as I know the one Desford recording which never made it to CD was Showcase, which was a treasure chest of some of Howard Snell's finest arrangements, including Two Cats, Dresden Chimes etc. Unless anyone knows otherwise?
  9. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

Desford LP & 7" Vinyl Records

There was actually a total of nine vinyl recordings made by Desford that were not commercially produced in the CD format.

These are shown on my website http://www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/05brasslpep.htm

Scroll down to Desford Colliery - my reference numbers D1 to D9 inclusive.

10. Frontman

Frontman Member

I have Showcase on tape if you want it?
  11. Accidental

:tup yes please! Have pm'ed you