Okay slighty random request.......We Shall Win?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by meandmycornet, Nov 22, 2004.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has heard of a cornet duet called "We Shall Win"? It might just be me going mad, but i'm sure it exists lol! I'd also like to know where I can get a copy of it from and also if you've played is it any good and what sort of level is it?
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Not a random request at all.... this is one of the reasons we are here.

Yup, this is a Slavation Army piece and can be found here at least. Good luck with obtaining it and welcome to tMP...!!
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

I believe that the one listed on John's link is a very old trombone duet, published in one of SP&S's early "Instrumental Albums". Can't check from here (as I am at work), but I'll check my library when I get home - I have copies of most of these. Don't know if they're still in print - might want to check http://www.worldofbrass.com/
  4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

hi, I've looked on both of those websites but no sign of "we shall win" anywhere :-( anybody got any other ideas?
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Found it for you! :p Written by Deputy Bandmaster H. W. Glazier and listed under trombone solos as a duet here:-

oops! apologies for relisting the link, ... I always get caught out with 'here' being a hyperlink! :-?