Oh I suppose I'd better...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by WhatSharp?, Oct 25, 2005.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Well I supposed it had to happen sometime......

Hello all you tMPers out there, my names Steve Burgess aka WhatSharp? (or WhatStep? to some after falling off the stage at the areas this year), many of you may remember me from such classics as Happy Tmp Day, tMP Brother 2005, WhatSharps World Of Wierd, the Pop-up Avatar and many many more (most instantly forgettable :D ).

I have been playing sop for about 22 years (and boy my chops are tired) ever since I was found lurking in the back of a school cupboard with a trumpet trying to evade our tyrannical School Band Conductor (god bless you Harry White ). In that time I've only played in 2 bands, Grimsdyke Brass in Harrow (yes there really IS a place called Grimsdyke) and for the last 4 years with Yiewsley and West Drayton band.

I'm married to my long suffering band widow wife, have two kids one tuba player ( age 11) and a wanna be cornet player (as soon as shes old enough!), and am caretaker of the Evil Animal Emporium, consisting of 2 dogs, a cat, a rabbit, several tropical fish and about 14-15 rats.

all the best and happy posting

Steve aka WhatSharp?
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Well hello there and a belated :hi to you and all of yours! :)
  3. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

My word it's going to be 3 years in December! oooh scary!
  4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Yes it has been a while Steve, and you always seem to have avoided me in the bar at Stevenage for each of those 3 years! :lol:
  5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

:D will try and rectify that next year..
  6. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Will hold you to that. Perhaps next year we will both have a good result always seems its one or the other!

Did the photos I took of YWD this year come out?
  7. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

It's going to be tough this year, with two good bands coming down and at least one good one coming up! But fingers crossed!

photos...... OH Yeh crackin! Dunno where they went though, I need to give our web master a kick and get them on the site (he's a bit lax with the photgraphs! :D ).